How about a list of finished, to be started, working on, etc?

epicelite

I think Fobby gave quite a clue in his post. If you want to see where the mod is at this point look @ Mod DB for the list of things that has been done.

But i can tell you that most of the buildings are complete (PP and Ref and WF still need texture) and quite an amount of the vehicles is done on NOD all vehicles except for the Apache and Buggy and on GDI everything except for the orca if i remember correctly.

As for the chars. They're working on that now ;)

About all the other things i don't know much. I dunno how far they are with coding. I do know that they have a working version of the HUD (we've all seen that :lol :) . But that's about everything i know wich are done.

What i'm trying to say here is that when you keep your eyes open you'll see where the mod is at this point. And if you ask me they sure are far along to completing this mod.

P.S. srry if i backmodded or anything with this post. If so, it wasn't my goal to do so.

QUOTE (thrash300 @ Jul 26 2009, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps a checklist?. I am not asking for it to be updated constantly, just so that we fans could know were the mod standing.[/b]

We've shown everything that is finished on our Mod DB and News forum - if you are very anxious to see what is done you could check that out.[/b]

You can create your own list simply by going to http://www.moddb.com/mods/renegade-x .... And you will see stuff that you won't see on the forums :) .
Twins.jpg

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Jul 26 2009, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wait till you see it ingame in the upcoming video.

OOPS did I say that out loud? :lol:[/b]

On the downside everything looks not based of an existing real life weapon.

No

infact they made it better than another existing real life grenade launcher, becasue Westwood made it appropriate to Renegde.

Can't wait for the video.

• Totem Arts Staff
Westwoods original grenade launcher was not based of an existing real life weapon.[/b]

Neither is our grenade launcher.

We just like to modernize the designs of Renegade weapons. If you want things to look and play the exact 100% same way, then I recommend you stick with W3D Renegade.

QUOTE (thrash300 @ Jul 26 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Westwoods original grenade launcher was not based of an existing real life weapon.

No

infact they made it better than another existing real life grenade launcher, becasue Westwood made it appropriate to Renegde.[/b]

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Jul 26 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Neither is our grenade launcher.

We just like to modernize the designs of Renegade weapons. If you want things to look and play the exact 100% same way, then I recommend you stick with W3D Renegade.[/b]

Maybe at the time it wasn't based on a RL grenade launcher, or at least not one that was built yet, but take a look at this thing, which completely blows Renegade's crappy little nade launcher out of the competition:

M32 Grenade Launcher: Youtube link | original Discovery.com link

QUOTE (thrash300 @ Jul 27 2009, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even thought you guys continuously try to keep it as close as possible to the original Renegade...right?.

But then agian, I am not on the development team.

Either way, it still looks great.[/b]

They keep as close as possible with lots of parameters and stuff, like damage, AOE and movement/bullit speed. Where needed or incredibly enchancing gameplay, they will improve it.
They create it on the UT3 engine for the better graphics. If you want to play it with the old graphics on the new engine... why bother? too much hassle with too little improvement.
besides, the new looks of the guns are a little pain (if any) for the great look of the game. Just wait untill you play it, and feel the ambiance of the game. You will be glad with all the new looks and graphics.

QUOTE (havoc9826 @ Jul 27 2009, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe at the time it wasn't based on a RL grenade launcher, or at least not one that was built yet, but take a look at this thing, which completely blows Renegade's crappy little nade launcher out of the competition:

M32 Grenade Launcher: Youtube link | original Discovery.com link[/b]

This grenadelauncher is, as far as I know, under development for a lot of years. But if you would make a multiple shot grenade launcher, it is a sensible design. So the renegade developers didnt have to look at real weapons to create their own, and neither did the team.
Btw, I think that real thing looks horrible ^^

Ban4life

QUOTE (thrash300 @ Jul 27 2009, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even thought you guys continuously try to keep it as close as possible to the original Renegade...right?.

But then agian, I am not on the development team.

Either way, it still looks great.[/b]

Wanna bet those weapons would have looked better if EA games didn't put the slider on 10x more speed, making westwood change a lot of stuff around? ;)

Give the development team some time and you will get it how Westwood would have wanted it, rather than EA games :) .

(PS: New apc for example beats the old 1 by far, if you don't like it... don't play it, it's free anyway)