Cloak sound?

epicelite

QUOTE (epicelite @ Jul 19 2009, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am confus. :unsure:[/b]

Stealth units in RenegadeX will have a cloak sound, this includes the stealth tank and the stealth black hand (the same sound will be used in both) , the cloak sound will be a mix between the Renegade's unused cloaking sound and Tiberian Sun's cloaking sound, the sound that is going to be used in RenegadeX is not finished yet.

Are you still confused? On what point are you still confused?

QUOTE (DXR_13KE @ Jul 19 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stealth units in RenegadeX will have a cloak sound, this includes the stealth tank and the stealth black hand (the same sound will be used in both) , the cloak sound will be a mix between the Renegade's unused cloaking sound and Tiberian Sun's cloaking sound, the sound that is going to be used in RenegadeX is not finished yet.

Are you still confused? On what point are you still confused?[/b]

Server side option? I think this is a large advantage for GDI and since it really wasnt used in Renegade or at least noticably then it should be the servers choice.

QUOTE (scensorECHO @ Jul 19 2009, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Server side option? I think this is a large advantage for GDI and since it really wasnt used in Renegade or at least noticably then it should be the servers choice.[/b]

Large advantage? Its not as if the unit is constantly making noise (it will make the noise during a fraction of time during which the unit cloaks itself)... I doubt the sound will be that loud and noticeable, i also doubt that you will be able to hear it past a few feet. If you cloak in front of another unit I bet that the sound will be the last thing he will notice.

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Jul 19 2009, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DXR is right. Besides, if you're in the process of cloaking and someone's close enough to hear you, then they would obviously be able to see you before you cloaked anyway.[/b]

Exactly, the sound will only increase the game immersion, especially if they implement that sight thing that I asked them about... :P

edit: the sound may also make the enemy panic and shoot randomly around him...

• 4 weeks later...

For the record I am entirely against this idea if you can hear it beyond 10 feet. This will be an INSANE advantage for GDI. Much moreso than hearing invisible footsteps. But hey, when I own the living crap out of your SBH rush because I heard you recloak after planting a timed C4 you can take solace in the fact that it was your idea.

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ Aug 14 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the record I am entirely against this idea if you can hear it beyond 10 feet. This will be an INSANE advantage for GDI. Much moreso than hearing invisible footsteps. But hey, when I own the living crap out of your SBH rush because I heard you recloak after planting a timed C4 you can take solace in the fact that it was your idea.[/b]

I don't think the sound will be that noticeable....

edit: this mod will also be beta tested to hell and back... it will be noticed if this greatly hinders NOD.

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ Aug 14 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the record I am entirely against this idea if you can hear it beyond 10 feet. This will be an INSANE advantage for GDI. Much moreso than hearing invisible footsteps. But hey, when I own the living crap out of your SBH rush because I heard you recloak after planting a timed C4 you can take solace in the fact that it was your idea.[/b]

^-- Ditto. If the range of the sound can be limited to 10 feet, it will only add to the immersion factor. Any farther, and it'll make people who were busy fighting other units instantly aware of the stank/SBH's presence and allow them to react accordingly much faster than they otherwise would have.
QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Jul 17 2009, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I've already done that. It's sort of a mix between Renegade's unused cloaking sound the Tiberian Sun's.[/b]

Freaky :blink: See attached. (1 MB total forum limit <_<)

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (havoc9826 @ Aug 15 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^-- Ditto. If the range of the sound can be limited to 10 feet, it will only add to the immersion factor. Any farther, and it'll make people who were busy fighting other units instantly aware of the stank/SBH's presence and allow them to react accordingly much faster than they otherwise would have.

Freaky :blink: See attached. (1 MB total forum limit <_<)[/b]

Renegade's is different than C&C 95

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Aug 15 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Renegade's is different than C&C 95[/b]

Not by much. trans1.aud is only slightly shorter and less detailed than c&c cloaking.wav. If you thought appear1.aud was the cloak sound, you remembered wrong. Previous attachment updated, and here's a couple videos.

stealth.mp4.th.jpg cc95stealthtank.mp4.th.jpg

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Aug 15 2009, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure if we're talking about the same thing, I'm talking about a cloaking sound in Renegade's always.dat that was unused in the game.[/b]

tank_stealth_cloak.wav? If so, that one is to Tib Sun's cloak5.aud as Renegade's c&c cloaking.wav is to C&C95's trans1.aud - longer and more refined/detailed.

Or are you talking about stealth_soldier_sound_1.wav or stealth_soldier_sound_visible_1.wav?

If it's none of those, I'm out of ideas :(

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (An4x1madr0s @ Aug 25 2009, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It should sound like in this video IMO and to not interrupt in gameplay you can make it onlt hearable by the player that is using the Ezekiel's (insert unit here)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyf5Dljewtw[/b]

I agree, This cloaking sound was IN the Renegade game (even though the characters never used it). I think putting a 10 foot hearing range is good but obviously you want it to fade with distance. therefore at 10 feet it is a whisper.

QUOTE (havoc9826 @ Aug 15 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Freaky :blink: See attached. (1 MB total forum limit <_<)[/b]

That's easy to create, I do it all the time.

All it is, is a little white/pink noise and variable ADSR envelope settings on the synth ;)
Ofc, REAL stealth technology should be quiet aswell, not just being unable to see it! :rolleyes:

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ Aug 14 2009, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well you know it is not like GDI can go invisible.

Srsly tho gunner is NOT a good trade off. Anyone would take SBH over gunner any day.