Renegade X Community Game: NE-Versary 6

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

Hey guys.

As some of you may know, I am the founder of a Renegade clan, called NE - the Nod Elites. On Sunday, July 19th we will be celebrating 6 years of NE. We're calling it the "NE-Versary 6" (after the word "anniversary"). So an idea came to us two NE-Versary's ago, and we said, why not invite our Renegade X Community for a game?

And we have been doing so for two years now, alongside the annual "ReneGames" on C&C Renegade's birthday. These games have kicked ass.

So that's what we're doing again. A public 64-player server, hosted by the Borgamers network ( http://borgamers.com ) will be set up for this event. All players are welcome to come and enjoy Renegade again, play with the Renegade X dev team, friends, etc. Enjoy the game we're here to remake!

We will also have a Teamspeak server set up for the event. That way, team players can communicate with each other, develop strategies, and help out. Even if you don't have a microphone, you're encouraged to download teamspeak in order to hear what the others are saying. Download it here.

The purpose of using Teamspeak is to maximize teamplay and therefore push C&C Renegade's gameplay to its very limit. Teamplay will be key for this game, to achieve the highest potential of organized action. We will be using the Renegade X teamspeak server. The IP is 75.126.220.122:8769. Server information will be released this Friday, so visit this thread on Friday to get this vital information!

The game will take place on Sunday, July 19th at 3:00pm EST (Eastern Standard Time).

So how about it, C&C Community? The server will be waiting for you.

*SERVER INFORMATION ADDED*

Game Server IP: 75.126.220.122:4848

Server Name: [NE] Public Warzone

The server is NOT online as of right now (Friday, July 17). It will be online tomorrow (Saturday, July 18) for testing purposes.

To connect directly: If you have C&C Renegade, you can connect directly to the game server without the use of a server browser. Simply go to the Start Menu and hit "Run". Then, type this in when the time is right:

"C:\Westwood\Renegade\Game.exe" +connect 75.126.220.122:4848 +netplayername YOURNAMEHERE

The NE-Versary 6 community game event will take place on Sunday, July 19th 2009 at 3:00pm EST (Eastern Standard Time, aka GMT -5). Be on the Renegade X Teamspeak at least 10 to 15 minutes before the game time (this is extremely important!)

Teamspeak IP: 75.126.220.122:8769

Big thanks to Borgamers for hosting this event!

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Jul 14 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt it will be full, even if it's advertised a lot. We usually get around 34 people for these games.[/b]

That's cause of the server being in America :( .

Will the server have a lot of addons/plugins running? (I hate stuff that goes beyond donations :P)

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Jul 14 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No there won't be a lot of addons like most Renegade servers out there now. There'll just be things like donate, crates, etc.[/b]

Thank god!
Especially veteran systems, boosting the people who are already good with more hp.... :unsure:

I'll be there then for sure. :lol:

I havnt been playing ren for a while but i am up for it, i really am, but i depends on what day that falls on over here in Australia, i got a wedding to go to on saturday the 16th and probbably wont be home untill sunday night

Can you guys please post a simple guide on how can I connect to the server, considering that the user starts with a vanilla renegade install.

Can you also post a guide on how to connect and operate Teamplay?

Thank you in advance.

PS: i hope my renegade CDs are still functional... my MOHAA are dead :(

QUOTE (DXR_13KE @ Jul 17 2009, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you guys please post a simple guide on how can I connect to the server, considering that the user starts with a vanilla renegade install.

Can you also post a guide on how to connect and operate Teamplay?

Thank you in advance.

PS: i hope my renegade CDs are still functional... my MOHAA are dead :( [/b]

Make a shortcut to game.exe, for example:
C:\Westwood\Renegade\Game.exe and add this behind it:
+connect 75.126.220.122:8769 +netplayername DXR_13KE
making it:
"C:\Westwood\Renegade\Game.exe" +connect 75.126.220.122:8769 +netplayername DXR_13KE

Renegade Demo had all this information in server.ini, never saw it in the full version FDS sadly, resulting in many fv players not knowing that Renegade can use shortcuts ....

;  *********************************************
;  * Command Line Options for RenegadeDemo.exe *
;  *********************************************
;
;  STARTSERVER=server.ini    ; Launches a dedicated Westwood Online Renegade server
;                            ; Using the options specified in server.ini
;  GAMESPYSERVER=server.ini  ; Launches a dedicated GameSpy Renegade server
;                            ; Using the options specified in server.ini
;  NODX                      ; Run in console mode.
;  MULTI                     ; Allow multiple concurrent renegade processes to run
;  IP=                ; Bind to  instead of INADDR_ANY
;  +connect  ort>        ; Run renegade and connect directly to the Gamespy renegade
;                            ; server running at  ort>
;  +NetPlayerName "MyName"; Set the renegade Nickname to "MyName" when joining a
;                            ; GameSpy Renegade Game
;
;
; Samples:
; Hosting a console mode Gamespy server would be:
;
;   Renegade.exe GAMESPYSERVER=server.ini NODX
;
;
; Hosting a multiple console mode Gamespy server on different ports:
;
;   Renegade.exe GAMESPYSERVER=server1.ini NODX
;   Renegade.exe GAMESPYSERVER=server2.ini NODX
;
;
; Hosting a multiple console mode GameSpy servers on different ip's would be:
;
;   Renegade.exe GAMESPYSERVER=server.ini NODX IP=192.168.0.10
;   Renegade.exe GAMESPYSERVER=server.ini NODX IP=192.168.0.11
;
; Connecting to a GameSpy Renegade server at ip:192.168.0.10 port 4848 with 
; the nickname Havoc
;
;   Renegade.exe +connect 192.168.0.10:4848 +NetPlayerName "Havoc"

• Totem Arts Staff

*SERVER INFORMATION ADDED*

Game Server IP: 75.126.220.122:4848

Server Name: [NE] Public Warzone

The server is NOT online as of right now (Friday, July 17). It will be online tomorrow (Saturday, July 18) for testing purposes.

To connect directly: If you have C&C Renegade, you can connect directly to the game server without the use of a server browser. Simply go to the Start Menu and hit "Run". Then, type this in when the time is right:

"C:\Westwood\Renegade\Game.exe" +connect 75.126.220.122:4848 +netplayername YOURNAMEHERE

The NE-Versary 6 community game event will take place on Sunday, July 19th 2009 at 3:00pm EST (Eastern Standard Time, aka GMT -5). Be on the Renegade X Teamspeak at least 10 to 15 minutes before the game time (this is extremely important!)

Teamspeak IP: 75.126.220.122:8769

Big thanks to Borgamers for hosting this event!

Sucked a bit that the first server was lagging before we even started and second server was hosted from some home connection in the US making it not the best connection to Europe, but it was for sure doable on city AOW.

Was a great game and kudos (from my side) go to Xim, clown, Armada & Meits4Delta for showing some great teamwork (those were the guys that were fighting close to me pretty much all game so I can't really talk about the others)! :D

Oh, if anyone wants a link to the C&C_City score screen -> *click*

(which was by far 1 of the best bigger rounds I've ever played in all those Renegade years (sure it happens more often that you get a long game that doesn't really turn to 1 side till the last 5 min of the game, but there was teamwork everywhere and on Nod side the communication about the lower field & bridge support requirements were just awesome) and a lot more fun than Walls/Hourglass (I had to go after Walls, so I don't know what happened after those 3).

Thanks for making it possible :) !

(PS: What was left? AGT, WF & Ref?)

• Former Developers

I had to leave at 4:30 so I'm kinda sad about missing out on this event yet again. Things always pop up, but for the hour and a half that I was there it was definatly a huge lift of sprit and modivation about why we are remaking this game and why it is so dear to all of us. Thanks to all who showed up, as it was a blast. The only other event we host like this is the Rene-Game which is on ren's B-Day but that has already passed and the next one will probably end up being on RenX anyways.

QUOTE (AsgarothXc @ Jul 21 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure someone else got something. There were close to 30-40 ppl on there I think.[/b]

I did record it, but it's too boring to edit. All you see is me destroying gdi harvester with chem sprayer and after that you will see arty -> field -> kill some -> lose it -> get a new arty -> -> field -> kill some -> lose it -> get a new arty -> -> field -> kill some -> lose it -> get a new arty -> -> field -> kill some -> lose it -> get a new arty, then you see barracks, powerplant going down and then wf/ref/AGT getting whored from bridge.

Well I came late and despite trying the posted and TS provided instructions was unable to get on the server. It MAY have been an issue with Renegade Resurection as it was unable to see the server. I even tried REN IP but that did not work either. When I arrived everyone was logging off so maybe the 73 server was down then too. Rats, maybe next time...

Wiz

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Jul 22 2009, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well we did switch servers and the new IP was posted up as soon as we did. Did you try it with the new IP or the one in the original post?[/b]

that was also my problem, had to enter teamspeak and bug you to give it to me, thank you :D

• 3 weeks later...

I tried both the one you gave here and the 73 one you had on the TS, keyed them in a couple of times but no luck. But maybe next time... Or maybe next time it will be REN-X we are playing rahter than Renegade....

Wiz