Visceroids

Kommando1

• Totem Arts Staff

Well that never actually happened in Tiberian Dawn or C&C Renegade (or any C&C game I think?), it was usually weapons like the Tiberian Sun chemical missile or Renegade's singleplayer Chemsprayer that turned people into visceroids, but not Tiberium.

As for making chemical weapons turn people into mutants, I don't think we're doing that. Sure it's cool, but it defeats the purpose of a weapon, which is to kill the enemy, rather than make them stronger or regenerate health. If the gun did that I wouldn't use it.

Infantry in a tib field died a long, long slow death in TS. And only 1 in I don't know how many turned into an actual visceroid. Whenever I wanted to have a rogue defence force for fun, I walked about 10 infantry into a tib field, that would generate usually 1, sometimes 2 or 3 visceroids.

Funny thing was ofcourse that if a visceroid ate some infantry it became a bigger one.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

QUOTE (Ace @ Jun 17 2009, 05:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

will it be possible to turn sometimes into a visceroid when you get killed by Tiberium or a Tiberium weapon? If yes, can they getting bigger?[/b]

OMG!!! The topic of this post made me wonder about Renegade X's remakes of the viceroids!!!!!! I demand it be shown in the next update!!!!

QUOTE (thrash300 @ Jun 18 2009, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG!!! The topic of this post made me wonder about Renegade X's remakes of the viceroids!!!!!! I demand it be shown in the next update!!!![/b]

ehm, visceroids weren't there in the multiplayer, except in some modded servers, seeing Fobby's reaction, I don't think they will even start on one.
Frankly, I would rather have them working on all the things that will definitely be in the game then on something that might get in.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

i would love that ... would be a kewl thing for an upcomming patch of renegade x ...

like 1 out of 50 deaths in a tib.field turn into a visc ... and it should be like a very simple bot what is just running around on the tib.field and attacks EVERYTHING what enters the field

it should happen rarely and there should a limit .. like 1 or 2 of them ...

would be a nice feature ... maybe for a patch when the regular things are done

pleas keep that in mind guys

• 1 month later...

Almost every infantry death by tiberium fields led to a baby visceroid that then merged with another viscreoid to form the deadly adult visceroid. I think it was more than one visceroid that came out of the dead soldiers if you said you used 10. I'm talking about TS of course.

Here's the only video I managed to find (in a lazy 10-minute search) with TS Visceroids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYOLq1hwU4o&fmt=18

Visceroids were fun to use in the Black-Cell server (video), but they're definitely an extra luxury that should only be considered after 100% of the core elements are done.

A far fetched fear I have is whether the team disregards the very existence of visceroids in the C&C universe, and perhaps has no clue what they are, thinking it's some myth thought up by a fan?

Edit: About that youtube video, what a horrible way to film the screen!

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Arazoid @ Aug 2 2009, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A far fetched fear I have is whether the team disregards the very existence of visceroids in the C&C universe, and perhaps has no clue what they are, thinking it's some myth thought up by a fan?

Edit: About that youtube video, what a horrible way to film the screen![/b]

I'm sorry but we know what visceroids are. Most of us have been playing C&C games since '95 (and Westwood games before that) and the visceroids were in Tiberian Sun and Renegade. Not some far fetched tale, what gave you that idea? I was just mistaken about Tiberium turning you into a visceroid in Tiberian Sun, probably because I don't put my infantry in Tiberium. Though we did also see infantry turned into visceroids with chemical weapons in TS and Renegade.

As someone mentioned earlier, adding visceroids is not the team's main concern. The mod isn't even done - we won't worry about adding extra things like that until the incremental assets to the mod are finished, ingame, and coded.