Black Dawn crashes back to launcher on start up without error

Greetings all. I just downloaded both Renegade X and Renegade X Black Dawn today and was wanting to try out the singleplayer, but I'm having issues launching Black Dawn.

When I click on "launch singleplayer" the launcher minimizes and a small splash screen for the singleplayer shows up, but then after a few seconds it goes away and the launcher pops back up. The game never launches. I've tried verifying files, and it found and downloaded 9 new files, but that did not resolve the issue. I also changed bInitializeShadersOnDemand= to true instead of false in the UDK engine file as I saw the suggestion in another thread, but that didn't resolve the issue either.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro with an I7 12700k and RTX 3060 TI GPU, 32 GB of DDR5 6000MHz ram and a z690 chipset. The game is installed on an NVME SSD.

The log shows the following warning, "[0004.08] Warning: Warning, 188 Shader compiler errors compiling Global for platform PC-D3D-SM3:"

I've attached the log file if that helps.

Thank you for any support.

Launch.log

• Totem Arts Staff
42 minutes ago, Ivan_Moscavich said:

Greetings all. I just downloaded both Renegade X and Renegade X Black Dawn today and was wanting to try out the singleplayer, but I'm having issues launching Black Dawn.

When I click on "launch singleplayer" the launcher minimizes and a small splash screen for the singleplayer shows up, but then after a few seconds it goes away and the launcher pops back up. The game never launches. I've tried verifying files, and it found and downloaded 9 new files, but that did not resolve the issue. I also changed bInitializeShadersOnDemand= to true instead of false in the UDK engine file as I saw the suggestion in another thread, but that didn't resolve the issue either.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro with an I7 12700k and RTX 3060 TI GPU, 32 GB of DDR5 6000MHz ram and a z690 chipset. The game is installed on an NVME SSD.

The log shows the following warning, "[0004.08] Warning: Warning, 188 Shader compiler errors compiling Global for platform PC-D3D-SM3:"

I've attached the log file if that helps.

Thank you for any support.

Launch.log 41.53 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, it seems that the 2 are installed together. They should not share any files and should be downloaded/installed separately.

• Like 1