Special PT to be on the outside of WF and AIR?

epicelite

I think everyone who plays renegade has become accustomed to buying vehicles from outside of the WF and the AIR because you can use them through a wall. I understand how the RenegadeX team wants to fix this because they can be used for refills too.

What about a special PT that can only purchase vehicles? Why should I have to walk inside, just to buy a tank and run out right afterwords to get in it!?

• Totem Arts Staff

Screens on the outside of buildings look ugly.

Also no point in taking the time to code a PT just for vehicles just so you could save an extra 5 seconds. There's multiple buildings in a base and multiple PT's to access, no need to put more than there already is :P

1: A PT outside should not happen. It would be a spot where you can't hit the airstrip (unless they make the PT's a part of the airstrip). And as the others said, it's easy enough to walk inside.

Besides that, why would they create communication material OUTSIDE a building, where it's extremely vurnerable to every nod soldier that wants to shoot it?

2:One of the things about renegade is that when you spawn, you immidiately have to find your way from there. In Unreal tournament you can use teleports to go around towards safe nodes etc. You can even chose where you spawn. But that is not how it should be in renegade is my opinion.

It would also mess up the spawnpoints. Imagince a game with 50 players. And all 25 players in the team have to spawn in the obelisk, the hand and the airstrip. There just wouldn't be enough.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

QUOTE (Ban4life @ Aug 28 2008, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1: A PT outside should not happen. It would be a spot where you can't hit the airstrip (unless they make the PT's a part of the airstrip).[/b]

This dont have to be true as we are talking another engine it might be possible to have it so the PT and building health are linked or something... hell I even think it should be possible with w3d engine too as some TC mods to renegade (like AR) have a few modles health linked as they are part of the same vehcile but need to be seperate modle for some reasons
but apart from that all you said is true/I agree with

• Totem Arts Staff

I answered the question about PTs, just walk inside the building to get your vehicle, it's not very difficult. There's already 2 ways to get into the WF anyway, and the Airstrip control centre is pretty small. You could also order a vehicle from a separate building.

The other idea about spawn points, that's another no. Who said everyone wants to go out the front of the base? On a map like Field you could go through the tunnels, which is at the back of the base. On a map like Mesa, you'd WANT to spawn at the back if you want to go for the crate.

• Totem Arts Staff
A good idea would be maybe able to choose where youd want to spawn, not forcing everyone to spawn there.. Just a choice.[/b]

Sorry that's not really a great idea. Picture this: you attack the refinery and see a guy there, and you kill him. Now that he knows you're there to blow up the refinery he's going to keep spawning there until he gets rid of you and your C4. Everyone will spawn in that building if they know you're in it, and that makes base destruction even harder than it already is.

Spawning stays random.