Freedom of speech?

Backfromhell

Attention Wall of Text!!!!  

Reading breaks are recommended for people with short-term memories

After a great thread had to be closed, rightly, the question arose: Why do others have such a problem respecting other opinions? You don't have to have the same opinion, but you should be able to discuss it objectively.

Facts have been twisted, half-truths announced; some readers deliberately took things out of context to place others in a bad light.

Here is the view of a veteran who was very active at the time (attention for the context killers) from Beta 2- B4 at the beginning of 5

At that time there were 2 larger "communities" that operated servers. One of the two crumbled something because the server operator withdrew more from Ren X for private reasons or for whatever reason. The others temporarily no longer had access to restart the server (this also happened when the DDoser was active before). At that time there was AOW (time limit with lower mine limit) and marathon with a higher mine limit.

There was variety where each player could freely decide what he preferred. No trace of technical problems, only that an operator had more or less withdrawn. The Ddoser still exists today and will probably be the same.

Never really could have stopped us from playing.

At the same time players appeared who wanted to make a bad mood against marathon and the mine limit (was higher) on the marathon server.

They even became devs later, congratulations.

Then the hardcoding began (even if some have forgotten it). We're still not talking about OG Renegade here, in case it becomes too much to read for some.

Mines, vehicles were written unchangeably and certain devs reached their destination, abundantly stopped as diversity had disappeared.

One of them was even praised as the savior of Ren X (because of Ddo's protection, such nonsense) but it was forgotten that he was a co-founder or even the founder of a new "community".

In addition, there was always plenty of massive advertising for PuG on other servers Interestingly.

A statement on the other thread was the one that should move creative to the devs.

They wanted everyone to play "the same" game (that is, feel that way) and not different ones.

Another point was also mentioned there: only small changes were made.

Many small changes result in a big one !!!!

CP, VP attack buffs, defensive buffs and blah blah blah

For today's gamers, it is normal for these things to be implemented.

For me it was the death of diversity and the argument to prevent stalemates is only partially correct.

The gameplay has been massively changed and PuG has been more and more aligned.

Another reason was to set the number of players to 64 (no dev decision), for me only for selfish reasons. The maps of the time were much too small for that. My final point:

UE 3 is not necessarily the best engine for 64 players.

Of course, you can't expect this game to be written on a modern UE version, which I don't do either. That would be asking too much, even in my eyes.

Just staying stubbornly to 64 players despite technical deficiencies is unique

This is almost my entire rationale for quitting.

Lots of text and if anyone should read it, read it right and please don't take it out of context.

I live in Jurassic Park now anyway.

I respect and accept other opinions, but the past also has two sides, not just the one that is often told nowadays.

Nevertheless, I wish all active players a lot of fun.

Have a great time with the game.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

In the past you don't exist
What you've done is what you've done
            If your memory insist

Thanks man! I hope to see you around someday.
P. S. you can see much more dinosaurs right here then you are expecting. Because its hard to hind the place for exhibition things in this world.
Good luck.

Edited by Dagama

Jurassic Park continues to grow!

After many years, another veteran who is known to many has now thrown in the towel.

Try-Out wasn't just a pub player until beta 5, when hardcoding started, but ran 3 small servers.

There many mappers had the opportunity to test their alpha versions with several players or on their own.

We also organized some events there as Team Paradise.

He offered Sniper Server, Custom Map Server and a standard server.

He was a valuable bug-finding support that was / is highly valued by many who know him.

So another Dino leaves Ren X.

I thank you for the great Paradise Events that we put on your server.

For once, I am speaking on behalf of Team Paradise.

Not to be forgotten when we have tested the supposedly great balance after a patch.

See you in the Muppet Box😉

• Sad 2