cyborg question

slashes

are cyborgs in the firestorm edition  the same like the original ones. with that i mean cant kill or damage them by driving over them. anti infantry dishes out pretty much almost no damage no headshot multiplier. snipers dish out almost no damage to them pretty much a  tank but then its an  infantry with a machine gun+tiberian heals entirelly also remember them being able to survive 1 hit of the mammoth mk2 main cannon. sometimes 2 with the 2nd shot breaking there mechanic legs+leaving small bit of tib crystals on death. cyborg commander also shared this with more armor+more lethal damage

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

Once upon a time, I made it so that if Cyborg is getting run over, the vehicle blows up instead. Testers hated it and so it went away. Now they just don't take damage from runovers aside from select vehicles

Otherwise.... a bit too early to tell. They're mostly similar to other infantries with extra properties and abilities of their own. They definitely still can get shot down by snipers and headshot though, and Mammoth MK2 certainly decimates them with a single railgun shot (that thing blows stuffs up so intensely the original MK2 would feel envious)

4 hours ago, Handepsilon said:

Once upon a time, I made it so that if Cyborg is getting run over, the vehicle blows up instead. Testers hated it and so it went away. Now they just don't take damage from runovers aside from select vehicles

Otherwise.... a bit too early to tell. They're mostly similar to other infantries with extra properties and abilities of their own. They definitely still can get shot down by snipers and headshot though, and Mammoth MK2 certainly decimates them with a single railgun shot (that thing blows stuffs up so intensely the original MK2 would feel envious)

could have just made ram damage be a thing. think of it this way humvee/apc go's with a good bit of speed against a cyborg both the apc/humvee and the cyborg get equel damage. of like 50-100 or whatever. slow speed wouldent trigger this effect so unless a vehicle hase such big preasure against it it wouldent hurt it.

with them being somewhat the same with other infantry kinda sucks ya would think a cyborg thats pretty almost entirelly made of metal to not be just 1 popped when he shows hise face in the open by a sniper or in a couple of seconds by 1 basic soldier. would think explosives is the way to hurt them the most then regular bullets like how mrlses and artillery's only take a low/medium bit of damage of sniper rifle shots. thats what i thought the cyborgs would be no heashot multiplier snipers wouldent be very effective on them while there more advanced high ressistant anti infantry

for the mk2 part kinda sucks thought it would have more simulairity's with the tib sun one meaning unless that mk2 was a heroic it wouldent 1 shot basic cyborgs and veteran cyborgs.

then the cyborgs last stand or crawling mode i guess was that also though of would be funny to see when ya on low health the cyborgs could lose its legs making it a crawler unless ya refill at a terminal.

the last one would cyborgs and partly/fully loaded harvesters leave a small bit of tib on there death?? with this one if ya guys thought of degrading tib crystal could just place a small to medium crystal depanding on cyborg/cyborg commander and partly/fully loaded harvester destruction on the spot where they blew up if it could be placed there. the crystal would also leave some tib damage ofcourse.

the degrading tib crystal  field was of a modded renegade server where they had like 40-50 different type's of nod and gdi vehicle's ya could buy they all also had different growth rate i noticed the red crystals would renew very slow ya could depleet it with 1 harvester in 2-3 gathers ... the blue tib depleted slowly on  1 harvester and the green tib field with this mechanic some maps dident apply it to green tib field could entirely survive 1 harvester and 2 harvesters would depleet it slowly.

• Totem Arts Staff

Leaving tibs and degrading tibs are not exactly within our capability as of yet.

Also, who's saying that all Cyborgs would be fully anti-infantry? One of them is actually geared for anti-vehicle combat

As a bit of context, here's the Nod infantry list in Dev Talk 5 unknown.png?width=764&height=429

• 2 weeks later...

My pretty tank armored big heavy cyborgs who can healing themselves in tiberium:/ 
                                                                                                                                      💧                           rip
                                                                                           274px-Command_&_Conquer_Tiberian_Sun.jpg

11 hours ago, Dagama said:

My pretty tank armored big heavy cyborgs who can healing themselves in tiberium:/ 
                                                                                                                                      💧                           rip
                                                                                           274px-Command_&_Conquer_Tiberian_Sun.jpg

oh yes i still play that sometimes did all the campaign missions when covid lockdown started...  also still remember the online gameplay back in the 2012-2016 time. playing on the visceroid survival map with 3-12 people on ea corner with crap ton of visceroids and planned expensions.

or that map with 6vs6 north vs south with the middle having stealth generators. was fun sneakily capped the generators in the middle then when team was i was targeted and base entirely wiped out or last one standing they had a hard time to search for me. good old times even had 1 game i remember winning this way on the 6v6 nobody used mobile sensors on there end no more because was only 2 nod players  then when the stealth generators got placed just right the sneaky arty deployments killed 2 players. was fun tho stealth for the win

played also others maps but these 2 stand out with people playing them alot because these capturable stealth generators is jut very sneaky gameplay for the start because even tho its an old map nobody almost checkt the neutral buildings they where always uncapt if i dident take them.

was very suprised because they gave like a 1.5x to 2x the stealth area around them then the normal nod stealth generators. that by itself is like nice. think nobody just looked at the area of effect of them. used to people not paying attention to this in real time strategy games. 

the cyborg commander was very dangerous in the 2nd map also because submerine very tanky large crap ton of damage. used alot in hit and runs when it survived standing in tib field got him to full hp like like a minute then people repeated or retrained him to use again. th stealth apect was kinda crap tho for static locations people always waypoint+bombarded the ground which was bs but a powerfull tactic also never with neutral buildings tho so that was plus 

Edited by slashes