Bind mouse4 button names and where is the Exe file?

mouse705

Hi, what are the names of the mouse 4 - 7 buttons in this game? I looked in UDKInput.ini and it's not even listed as blank. Very frustrating. 

1) I tried the command "setbind mouse4 3" ... but pressing 3 key does nothing after. I want to bind weapon slots to my forward/back mouse buttons.

2) I have the Logitech m705 and it came with it's program to set the mouse buttons to press a "keystroke."

I need to add the EXE to the mouse program, for it to apply the key settings. (I believe I am using the 64bit game mode. I tried adding the 32bit exe to my mouse program, and it didnt work either.)

Then I set my back button (mouse 4 or 5 in your game????) - to key "3." And it doesnt work in this game! yet keybinds work for other games using this mouse.

3) So is this the correct game exe, or is it hidden in a container? "Renegade X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe"

RE 3) The mouse binds are now working by starting the game using a direct shortcut to Renegade X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe

So is something hiding calls to the real game exe???? (I used the launcher before to start the game. But in Task Manager, a second process showed, which confirmed that Win64\UDK.exe was also running. Yet the mouse program would not affect this game exe to work it's keybinds??)

4) New question: what is the exact name to keybind the repair tool?  I just learned that any unit can buy the repair tool. But it changes the weapon listing compared to the Engineer. So now key 2 works on the Engineer but not a gunner - to pull out the repair tool.

Edited by mouse705

Thank you. 5) Is there a test game mode where I can have max credits, so I can buy each item, and test the keybinds for them?

6) Do nukes, airdrops, and extra repair tool all use the same slot, and they are key 6?

7) Is there a basic readme that lists these facts to quickly get up to date?

(E.g. You only get one slot for addons? Addons are always key 6 instead of 0.) Ive played the original game and Unreal Tourney - they had in game settings to bind weapons by name. Nukes were always key 0. So these settings are foreign to me. I also found the Wiki but it's mostly desolate.

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, mouse705 said:

5) Is there a test game mode where I can have max credits, so I can buy each item, and test the keybinds for them?

You can open a game in skirmish, there are many cheat commands you can use. https://wiki.renegade-x.com/wiki/Console#Cheat_Commands

6) Do nukes, airdrops, and extra repair tool all use the same slot, and they are key 6?

Yes

7) Is there a basic readme that lists these facts to quickly get up to date?

Nothing in particular besides the wiki, there is no real official tutorial or quick tips compilation. We are working on a quick video tutorial, but that is probably going to be something more broad about the RenX C&C gamemode more than hotkeys and such.

• Like 1

Thank you. (I'm going to write notes to myself and whoever wants to learn this.)

• Press F5 for command console > type god (then enter), then type givecredits (enter) > close console and Buy a nuke (press key 6 to take out)

1) So I bought the nuke and I'm testing my mouse-input - it doesn't work. >> I set my mouse program for Mousebutton 8 to press the keystroke "6" and nothing happens. But if I set Mouse 3 or 4 to press keystroke "6" it does work.

You mentioned "Extra buttons besides those are not support by default in UDK." But the older unreal engine and games supported Mouse 1-8 (thus your game should have it already baked in from legacy unreal engine). But even if your game doesn't support Mouse 8, my mouse program is sending an input on Keystroke 6 - not as Mouse 8 (i.e. my mouse button is acting like an extra keyboard button). So I dont understand why this isnt working in your game? (It works in new games like Fortnite and old games like UT20XX.)

2) So then Im trying to bind the "[" key to do the weapon 6 command. (Then I'll tell my mouse to press "[" key, to try to get weapon 6 out.)

But setting the bind isnt working. What is the exact setbind syntax?

None of these worked - I press the [ key and nothing happens.

• setbind "[" 6
  • setbind "[" six
  • setbind "[" GBA_SwitchWeapon6

Edited by mouse705

• Totem Arts Staff
42 minutes ago, mouse705 said:

So I dont understand why this isnt working in your game?

Because they aren't the same. We use Unreal Development Kit, which is not Unreal Engine 3, and does not come with all the same base stuff or from whatever earlier UT game. (The "extra" Logitech buttons are actually a separate DLL and extra scripts you have to load, which nobody has as I don't think anyone knew it existed, I only discovered it a while back). They could be added, but I haven't attempted to do it yet, so no promise that it works or is compatible with our version.

42 minutes ago, mouse705 said:

None of these worked - I press the [ key and nothing happens.

• LeftBracket - [
  • RightBracket - ]

Are the proper bindkey names for those buttons.

setbind "LeftBracket" GBA_SwitchWeapon6 is the correct syntax

• Like 1

Ty. I'm going crazy with a glitch. Mouse8 DOES work (set to press Key 6), but I had to RESTART the game. But now there's a crazier problem/bug. How can Mouse8 WORK (detect and press Key 6) but Mouse7 DOESN'T WORK (also set to press Key 6 but nothing happens in game when I have the nuke)?

They are both set (using my mouse program) to press Key 6. And if higher number Mouse8 works and Mouse1-4 works, and Scroll-wheel up and down work – then why doesn't Mouse6 and 7 work (Scroll-wheel buttons that click when you tilt left or right)?

I made pictures to help explain.

Pic1: My mouse has ~8 programmable buttons:

• Left = #1, Right = 2, Middle = 3 (in the Scroll-wheel – when you press down),
  • Thumb forward = 4, Thumb backward = 5,
  • Scroll-wheel: tilt left = 6, Scroll-wheel: tilt right = 7, (the mouse also has the Scroll up and down – which do work – but I'm not changing),
  • and Thumb Big button = 8.

738055554_8mousebuttons.png.db3df294321b00799ac3e26c20e47e7e.png

==============================

Pic2 shows I set Mouse8 (Thumb Big) to perform Keypress “6” – this works in game.

2100997860_mouse8works.thumb.png.b0f9a9c6d8811e3aaab478ccdf9c51d7.png

Pic3 shows I set Mouse7 (Scroll-wheel: tilt right) to perform Keypress “6” – this doesn't work.

How is that possible? And can you please code in Mouse6 and 7 to work? Thank you.

493574158_mouse7doesntwork.thumb.png.62970a4911daad911c840a0d6e295a5f.png

(Again, I don't understand why you would need to code to recognize Mouse6 and 7 – because the game recognizes Keystroke 6, and my mouse program is supposed to emulate a Key. But it's not working in your game.

And what you said about the extra Logitech mouse buttons being an extra DLL – yet Mouse1-4 and 8 work, yet it skips Mouse6,7 = illogical. Unless what Logitech calls “Mouse8” (Thumb Big) – was programmed by UDK as “Mouse6” (or whatever they call it) – and the Scroll-wheel: tilt buttons – weren't added as the next numbers?)