Mystery Crate % Chance

Caeris

Thought about this very often while i was crate grinding in the past and got only weapons/credits/spies.  😏

There´s nothing official how high/low your chance are to get a ex. vehicle, weapon, spy, nuclear strike ....... .

So my question is, is it possible (if the code/devs allows that) to give the community official % from the mystery crate ?
So others know how low/high the chances are to get their favourites.

Probability of crates is determined this way:
Probability = Base Probability / Sum of all Base Probabilities, some probabilities are affected by game state(if Bar/HoN is alive, if WF/Air is alive, etc.). Probabilities can also be changed via mutators, Official servers have default settings.
All of said probabilities can be found in Renegade X\UDKGame\Config\UDKXSettings.ini

Then i´ve got some other questions 😆:

• Those the "StartSpawnTime" mean how long you´ve got to wait until the next crate on this position spawns or those it mean how long you´ve got to wait to get the same crate again ?
  • If the crate spawned, is it fix what you can get or is it always changing until you picked it up ?
  • "CivilianVehicle", "Teleport" and "DMRandomWeapon (Deathmatch maybe) aren´t currently active -> Reason ?
  • "MinutesToGiveSmallSum" in "SuperMoney" -> Not exactly sure about this one. Does this mean after a amount of time it increases the number of credits ?

1 hour ago, Caeris said:

Those the "StartSpawnTime" mean how long you´ve got to wait until the next crate on this position spawns or those it mean how long you´ve got to wait to get the same crate again ?

StartSpawnTime - if I recall correctly - determines when will crates globally start to spawn [amount of time - given in seconds - after crates startappearing on the map]. I believe there is a set amount of concurrent crates [determined by the map author] and specific crate spawn points [also defined by the mapper].

1 hour ago, Caeris said:
  • If the crate spawned, is it fix what you can get or is it always changing until you picked it up ?

As far as I am aware, the content of the crate is determined at the exact moment you pick it up [along the lines of the probability-weights the server has been configured with].

1 hour ago, Caeris said:
  • "CivilianVehicle", "Teleport" and "DMRandomWeapon (Deathmatch maybe) aren´t currently active -> Reason ?

Those crate types need special conditions to be active (like Death-Match game-mode, or maps which support them), hence aren't globally active.

1 hour ago, Caeris said:
  • "MinutesToGiveSmallSum" in "SuperMoney" -> Not exactly sure about this one. Does this mean after a amount of time it increases the number of credits ?

"Super" Money Crates also inherit attributes from the regular Money Crate. "Super" Money Crates grant an amount of money to ALL your team members too, hence as with the regular Money Crate, there needs be a sanity check in order to prevent a scenario where picking up a really lucky crate would yield an instant, disproportionate advantage to a team. Thusly it can be configured by the server owner from what point in time should the aforementioned crate type start to grant larger sums of money.

1 hour ago, limsup said:

StartSpawnTime - if I recall correctly - determines when will crates globally start to spawn [amount of time - given in seconds - after crates startappearing on the map]. I believe there is a set amount of concurrent crates [determined by the map author] and specific crate spawn points [also defined by the mapper].

I understand it then in this two ways (simplified):

1. Map starts - all crates on this map appeared - "StartSpawnTime" starts even without picking it up 

or

2. Map starts - all crates on this map appeared - "StartSpawnTime" doesn´t starts until you picked one or even all of these crates up