Questions about the game

budder

I have a few questions; can someone suggest a guide or forum post that explains the below:

1. What commands are available to the player? How do you call votes in game for things like commander? Coordinated attacks?

2. There are a few maps where there are war factories available o build units like titans, wolverines. However, I'll see vehicles like hover MRLS, Bradley's, tick tanks, Titians etc on maps where I can't build them. Do these vehicles come from crates? Just confused because these vehicles come out of nowhere sometimes. 

3. Is there an explanation of what the capturable tech buildings do? Silos, radar stations, emp, etc? When acquiring them, EVA says "new tech acquired," but they never explain what technology has been acquired. And how do you use the abilities granted by the EMP cannon and radar station. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, budder said:

1. What commands are available to the player? How do you call votes in game for things like commander? Coordinated attacks?

https://wiki.renegade-x.com/wiki/Console#Commands for commands that can be used anywhere.
As for votes: Ctrl + V. Then choose what you want to vote for.

1 hour ago, budder said:

2. There are a few maps where there are war factories available o build units like titans, wolverines. However, I'll see vehicles like hover MRLS, Bradley's, tick tanks, Titians etc on maps where I can't build them. Do these vehicles come from crates? Just confused because these vehicles come out of nowhere sometimes. 

Yes, they do come out of crates if they can't be bought/found somewhere on a map.

1 hour ago, budder said:

3. Is there an explanation of what the capturable tech buildings do? Silos, radar stations, emp, etc? When acquiring them, EVA says "new tech acquired," but they never explain what technology has been acquired. And how do you use the abilities granted by the EMP cannon and radar station. 

General:
Silo - provides extra 0.5 credits/sec, on Snow(X) it provides 3 credits/sec;
Communication Center - shows every non-stealthed enemy on minimap;
Medical Center(Fort, Islands X) - grants extra 50 max HP as well as 2HP/s regeneration, which works same as regeneration from Veterancy.
Map specific:
EMP Cannon(Arctic Stronghold) - starts charging EMP Blast, that upon activation will disable advanced enemy defences for short period of time. You can activate it by pressing E on its MCT;
Uplink(Hourglass) - upon activation(which will be notified by EVA's message or alarms in tunnel section) disables advanced enemy defences for short period of time, also resets fog dencity.
Dam(Reservoir) - opens alternative sneak route to enemy base near its MCT.
Abandoned Weapons Factory(Crash Site) - allows your team to buy Titan and Wolverine from its Purchase Terminals. Warning: all bought vehicles don't have steal protection for first 30 secs unlike ones that are bought in WF/Airstrip.
Fort(Fort, duh) - gives ability to buy TS vehicles in PT. GDI gets Wolverine/Titan/Hover MRLS, while Nod gets Attack Buggy/Attack Cycle/Tick Tank.

• Like 2

If you become voted the Commander for the game, you can start a team chat message using the /C (short duration) or /R (longer duration) prefix and it will display whatever you write in large letters on the centre of the screen, this is really useful for getting your team's attention during public matches and you can use it to issue instructions, commands and whatever you would like people to do, although it is optional and depends on you winning or earning your team's confidence.

The special commander Ctrl + C (I think) menu also opens up options to use the spy plane, cruise missile, emp/smoke airstrike as well as offensive and defensive team abilities, lay or set team waypoints and stop or start the harvester.

Radar apparently lets you see the enemy team somehow, on the mini map I think, but I don't know if it's a passive ability or something you activate, either way, I never really see how it helps me, but you need it captured or neutralised if you want a rush to work without being spotted far in advance by the enemy team.