Rocket Soldier Lock-On

Mystic~

After the last set of major changes to the rocket soldier I found it incredibly difficult to lock onto any aircraft travelling as part of a group or swarm such as apaches or orcas when viewed from the ground or sides because you can't very easily acquire a target lock on anything. The problem is when the locking reticules just keep skipping between different aircraft and you never really get a lock on anything, so in the end you settle for using dumb-firing with right click into the group or path and hoping you hit something during a team rush. I was wondering if there could be some sort of initial cursor selection lock on a particular aircraft and then the hard lock comes after the focus animation has played and centred... or something similar to the extent of this. I think if you're aiming from in front you can probably always catch the lead aircraft. There's maybe an argument to be made that travelling as a group is a way of countering rockets, but it also feels sort of unfair, particularly if that unit is all you have to sensibly target air vehicles. I'm not sure if this also affects aircraft versus aircraft or the stank and MRLS versus aircraft etc.

Please post if you experience the same issue or have any ideas or solutions around this, thanks.

• Like 1

This happens to me constantly whenever there's more than one target that can be locked onto if they are in close proximity with eachother regardless of what I'm using to lock on, and there's really no way I've found to mitigate it if they are just too close. It doesn't happen that often where targets are super bunched up to the point where it's impossible to get an individual lock, though definitely in the scenario you mention, but happens enough where anything to improve it would be welcome.

• Like 2