FPS optimization

SuViSaK

Hello

I took a couple month break before the last couple patches. My laptop was able to run the game on ultra settings at 1920x1080 resolution (60FPS-ish).

However, I tried playing today and I had to bump the game down to 1280x960 at normal graphics and even that is around 50FPS. I noticed some of the setting were changed after the patches.

Is there special combinations to bring up the FPS in the settings? I set the FPS to 200.

below is my specs:
Win 10- 64 bit
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design
1TB SSD

17 hours ago, SuViSaK said:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU

I'd personally bet on that thing throttling like hell. End result is you having the game run on 0.5 core ( 1 HT thread) and on low clock rate -> MEGA lag. Game is practically single threaded, and that is its bottleneck, your GPU is very well suited to run it on FHD ultra preset, but that CPU in my own experience (with a Dell laptop having the same) is very prone of running hot and lowering its clock rate.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, limsup said:

I'd personally bet on that thing throttling like hell. End result is you having the game run on 0.5 core ( 1 HT thread) and on low clock rate -> MEGA lag. Game is practically single threaded, and that is its bottleneck, your GPU is very well suited to run it on FHD ultra preset, but that CPU in my own experience (with a Dell laptop having the same) is very prone of running hot and lowering its clock rate.

I'm not very knowledgeable into comps. Is there a way for it to not throttle? I can run other high intensity games without FPS drops. It only seems to be RenX that does this.