Fair play?!?

Hicks

Here I am again with another question, very important in my opinion; fair play! I just wanted to clarify two points also to get feedback on how I should behave myself.
1) A long time ago they pointed out to me that using nukes or ions in games with few people was not correct because it would ruin the game and it was immediately clear. From that moment on, every time someone uses super weapons I point it out, but often they either answer me badly or continue to use super weapons without any shame. The most shameful thing I often see is the use of super weapons by the team that is winning in heavily unbalanced matches!
2) The second point concerns the powers of commander. Until recently, I had no problem using commander powers even in 1v1 games until they pointed out, as with super weapons, that in games with few people it is not necessary to use powers. From that moment on I point it out and as usual they either answer me badly or they don't care or even, as happened yesterday, they accuse me of not playing correctly and then they do it anyway.

How would it be right to act in these cases? I like to play and I like to play according to the rules of fair play but I realize that it is often useless and counterproductive.
I would like the developers, in addition to solving the issue of balance in the game, to set a threshold on the number of players to be able to use super weapons and commander powers.
I'd love to know what you think too.

• Like 3

You describe the situation very well.   I think the confusion hurts the game.  It has been discussed before.

Because we are discussing sportsmanship and fair play, we must accept that many players will not choose to conform either by lack of awareness or by willful choice ~ and as long as the game is this way there will be players conflicts.

I hated being yelled at by a bunch of players when i used a becon in a small game....   I felt like if it was not right it should not be allowed. And getting told by others what i should or should not do felt like abuse.   But since the game does allow it, I have decided to be sporting and refrain.   Now,  I actively try to dialogue with other players when a small game starts because sometimes you can cooperate and have more fun.     I will mention the RenX customs sometimes  but only with the passing hope they might consider the situation.

• Like 3

Speaking as Staff for FPI:

We have a beacon limit in place.

You need at Least 20 Players before you can place beacons. As 3v2 and someone plants a beacon you have very little chance of getting to it. (If this isn't working as intended id like to know)

We also tried to limit commander powers but didn't have much luck getting the balance right (caused some other problems too), so i don't really have a strong opinion on this subject. @TomUjainMight be able to give more info as he decides the rules for FPI.

Also speaking for playing on all servers. You are right some people wont play by any sort of gentleman agreement when people say "dont attack/kill buildings till its 10v10". Not sure what the devs can do to solve that. Any ideas?

Goks

• Like 2

I'm talking in general, not fpi servers that use a threshold of at least 30 players for the beacon. The point is that the thresholds (to buy the beacon or to use commander powers) are decided on the server side, not by the developers. In this regard, developers can do a lot, an example for all is the implementation of thresholds in the code and no longer decided by the servers.

It would be great if there was a write up of these unwritten rules. I rarely play small games anymore, although in the past seeing beacons go down did seem like a distasteful tactic when a single SBH or Patch could likely guard it very well. I've never heard anyone say anything to me about the use of commander powers, but my personal gripe about the powers is that I think there should be some sort of imposed limitations, particularly when it comes to 'double buffing' with the same power and there should be some sort of cap on the number of players effected so there isn't a single rocket rush for example that can clear an entire Nod base. I'd prefer more co-ordination from smaller groups and less of a massive unstoppable fist with augmented damage/shields. Disabling beacons until there are 20+ people in game seems a sensible game decision to have rather than it being a server setting. I don't have any personal issues with the use of command powers in small games so long as there is a commander for both teams voted in.

• Like 1