Checkbox after each game

dabigma

Hello, 

Yesterday I was playing with some afk's ingame. When we lost the game and the new match has started I was wondering if they still afk. Prolly yes, so how can it be prevented to have afk's at the start? 

My suggestion is to have checkboxes after the game in the end game screen. Like click on "ready" to join the next game.. 

So far

Best Regards 

• Like 3

• Totem Arts Staff
17 hours ago, dabigma said:

Hello, 

Yesterday I was playing with some afk's ingame. When we lost the game and the new match has started I was wondering if they still afk. Prolly yes, so how can it be prevented to have afk's at the start? 

My suggestion is to have checkboxes after the game in the end game screen. Like click on "ready" to join the next game.. 

So far

Best Regards 

This is a pretty interesting idea to be honest, I've seen it in a few games, the other thing we could do too is auto-kick players on the end screen before mapchange if they're still AFK... Hm...

3 hours ago, Mystic~ said:

Or maybe put everyone automatically into an observer mode and ask them to click or press a key to spawn into the game, this is what other games do.

The problem with that solution is that even tho the player isn't playing because he's in spectator mode, he's still filling a slot on the server which prevents players who actually wants to play to join the server.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bruni said:

This is a pretty interesting idea to be honest, I've seen it in a few games, the other thing we could do too is auto-kick players on the end screen before mapchange if they're still AFK... Hm...

The problem with that solution is that even tho the player isn't playing because he's in spectator mode, he's still filling a slot on the server which prevents players who actually wants to play to join the server.

Auto-kick afk players sounds nice. But how does the server knows when a person is afk? Maybe add a specific idle time before being kicked. The checkbox would be the most secure option in my mind, but idk im here to make suggestions. That's my only job after playing 🙄😁

Spectator mode sounds also nice. But it could be abused or? 

Best Regards 

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, dabigma said:

Auto-kick afk players sounds nice. But how does the server knows when a person is afk? Maybe add a specific idle time before being kicked. The checkbox would be the most secure option in my mind, but idk im here to make suggestions. That's my only job after playing 🙄😁.

The server already knows when a player is AFK, when the player doesn't move for some minutes their name goes darker in the scoreboard :)

1 hour ago, dabigma said:

Spectator mode sounds also nice. But it could be abused or?

Yes, I think the Spectator mode would give more problems than anything else, and as I also said:

7 hours ago, Bruni said:

Edited by Bruni
Typo
  • Like 1

AFK kciking should only be done when the server is full

Any player can join spec slots but if any player wants to join the game he will have a 7-10 min timeout this way no cheating or abusing can be done

make the server of 60 players

1 for admin and 1 for mod

2 for spec

any person who is afk his credits will be refunded to the team

However if an afk is for legit reason bathroom break or anything else than that person must inform before they go

for me i had to something for my mother i informed in chat BRB 10 mins this way most of the team knew i was away temporary.

it is the players job to inform not for everyone to enforce. Enforcement must only be done if situation demands it .