Field X

Luhrian

• Totem Arts Staff

Hello there,

I was just playing a bit on Field X and decided to share the problems I have with this map, while presenting a possible soloution to fix that.

1. The exposed Nod base

When Nod get's locked in base the Nod tanks have to set up in this postion to get an angle on the enemy tanks.

626303005_Screenshot(679).thumb.png.02d2c6e57eed4591fced3f93c058640f.png

The Problem with this is, that there is no cover in this area, those tanks are often getting killed pretty quickly by GDI tanks in the main field. It is so hard to maintain this position, which makes it way harder for Nod to fight back. Being base locked  as Nod once often ends in being base locked the whole game. And if you compare this to the GDI Base, you'll notice, that the GDI has 2 Chokepoints as base entrances, which are much easier to hold than the wide open Nod base entrance. Damaged tanks can quickly retreat to save positions while Nod tanks have a much harder time getting through that field alive. By that, it is easier for GDI to mass up tanks in their base and break out. Also Nod tanks can be focused down trying to reach the long path and GDI has no problem at all to do that, when they are locked. Same goes for Infantry trying to reach the bunker

Anyway, the soloution for this would be adding more cover for Nod (obvious I guess). I would suggest to reach that goal by moving the Nod bunker a bit to the right and then fill the space between the bunker and the rocks with some more rocks. By that the tanks and infantry have much more cover.

21461243_Screenshot(675).thumb.png.c0823a5d7bd6075e7467c1438439f47c.png

live

647114025_Screenshot(681).thumb.png.32ed00ca38d14482b7a39c1de49b1c58.png

modified

I really think this little movement of the Nod bunker could improve the game experience for Nod and provide the same map conditions for both teams. Other and especially better suggestions to fix this problem are of course always welcome.

2. The Nod Harvester

I can't talk about problems in Field without mentioning the Nod Harvester. There are 2 problems with it:

1. it drives way deeper into the Field, by that it is way more vulnerable
  2. it takes 12 seconds longer per turn compared to GDI's Harvester (it's the same thing for normal field too).

Ofc, those 12 seconds don't have a big impact, but there is a pretty easy way to fix both things with one simple move. Just move the tiberium field a bit closer to the Nod base. The Harvester is a bit safer, similar to GDI's and both Harvesters need the same time for a turn, ez.

297796147_Screenshot(678).thumb.png.5b4f055fea1ad952b2e6d5d8a01b1385.png

Moving the center of the tiberium field about 800 in direction of the Nod bas entrance should do it.

If this is getting fixed, Field X could become a map, that has the best conditions to provide good gameplay for both sides at all times.

I hope you consider my suggestions and improve this map.

Luhrian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• Totem Arts Staff

Thanks for this information @Handepsilon.

I just want to add a quick reminder, that the problem with the spotting areas in the tunnels isn't fixed yet (at least not in the current patch). I made a post about that a few weeks ago.

I added the text from the post underneath the link

Hey,

another thing which I noticed are the Spotting Areas on Field X. It seems like, that somebody forgot to add Spotting Areas for the PP tunnels. So if you spot an enemy in those tunnels it always says Barracks or Airstrip, which is pretty confusing sometimes. Since it isn't hard to fix that I would volunteer to do it, just pm me in case you accept my offer.

498034538_Screenshot(642).thumb.png.0f65efa4ad8d7a02d4dafe896aaff93a.png

Enemy player represented here with a Nuke.

Luhrian

Edited by Luhrian
  • Like 1