About balance.... again...

Ryz

Very good points made here for sure.

I always appreciated combat in renegadeX because it takes a little more time then other games, such as counter-strike, where infantry combat is over in literally 1 second. So i was always confused / disappointed / aggravated at how wrong it feels to interact with snipers in renX. With every single other aspect of combat  in this game taking a lot of bullets .... time / tactics / movement / battle field awareness / skill.... snipers are just the opposite, the extreme worst of the worst of all the gameplay options. Why is it still a debate on weather 1 shotting people endlessly is appropriate or not ? I am confused. Cuz fun ?

Actually, am i even confused though ? ...
Something clicked this year, and i realized just how much effort a small group of people are putting into making this game unplayable / un-enjoyable, AND just how much special behind the scenes catering that these people get. ( Mass amounts of people begging for change and then just acouple super-friends saying " nah dude, let us have fun bruh. were just playing the game bro, just get good bruv "
Considering voting the problem player off the server ? Nope, cant, they will just remove the option because THE PROBLEM keeps getting kicked and is friends with people in high places.
Got a sever up and running where you're trying to implement positive change ? Will these changes inconvenience the top 1 - 5% ? THEN YOU BETTER WATCH OUT, IT WOULD BE A REAL SHAME IF YOUR SERVER HAD AN ACCIDENT AND GOT DE-LISTED OR SOMETHIN.
It appears to be more important for the top 1 - 5% of this game to be able to do what ever they want, when ever they want it ( AND YOU BETTER NOT CALL SPECIFIC PEOPLE OUT ON THIS OR ELSE. ALSO, YOU BETTER NOT USE ANY SWEAR WORDS OR ELSE !!!!11!1111one ).
It actually seems to be more important for the top 5% to have ever-so-slightly more fun playing ( maybe like, 25% more fun ? ) by permanently being in an elite death squad every single round. Compared to lets say 60 - 100% more fun that the majority of the server would experience by having balanced teams.

The skill gap between the two best players in this game, and the 3rd best player is FUCKING ASTRONOMICAL. The skill gap between the 3rd, 4th or 5th best player in the game compared to everyone else is also pretty decent. So if the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and sometimes even 4th best player on the server teams up every-single-time then how is that even considered a game ? Is this renegadeX or is this target practice for super-friends ?
To be clear : If it takes an entire squad of people to kill just ONE of the top 2 players in this game, then how is it considered appropriate to have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and sometimes 4th or even 5th best players on the server ALWAYS be on one team.
I noticed that maybe 1 out of 5 ish rounds, the consistent super stackers will play on opposite teams, but they often will avoid fighting each other on some kind of gentleman's agreement, or they actually just go AFK for that one round, then back to business as usual next map.

The math from the last 8 or 9 months should say it all. When acouple of the top 5% players stopped playing renegade for afew months last year, we had an immediate increase in player numbers. We had the server filling up maybe an hour-ish earlier, and lasting SEVERAL HOURS LATER into the night, consistently. As soon as the super-stackers returned, gameplay went to shit, new players disappeared, and even long term veterans LIKE ME, DISAPPEARED.

I really hope RenX is doing well... i decided to take a break from my favorite and only game afew months ago due to the perma-stackers and the DDOSer making this game either unplayable ( ddos ) or unenjoyable ( 5 or 6 perma stackers ).
Ive read up on recent efforts to counter the DDOSer, so that is exciting. Very good job guys / girls.
So, the game being UN-playable is being addressed, but is the game being UN-enjoyable being addressed ? .... Not sure yet if the MAXIMUM happiness of the top 1 - 5% of this game still might out weigh the happiness of everyone else. Sounds like america. Is renX an american game ? Are server admins / the devs american ? Conservatives / republicans ?

The american comment was just a joke.... also, sorry for the long message.

They.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, They said:

I really hope RenX is doing well... i decided to take a break from my favorite and only game afew months ago due to the perma-stackers and the DDOSer making this game either unplayable ( ddos ) or unenjoyable ( 5 or 6 perma stackers ).
Ive read up on recent efforts to counter the DDOSer, so that is exciting. Very good job guys / girls.
So, the game being UN-playable is being addressed, but is the game being UN-enjoyable being addressed ? .... Not sure yet if the MAXIMUM happiness of the top 1 - 5% of this game still might out weigh the happiness of everyone else. Sounds like america. Is renX an american game ? Are server admins / the devs american ? Conservatives / republicans ?

The american comment was just a joke.... also, sorry for the long message.

They.

I can't speak on people stacking, but I can say the past few weeks have been pretty great on stable servers and no DDOS'ing. No matter how people will look at RenX, it's still here (and I'm still loving it). It would be great to have you back!

The only thing I can say about the stacking, is that I don't really care :) I say this with love and respect for anyone involved in making ànd playing the game. It's such a stupendously subjective matter that people somehow want to shoehorn into a tiny logical box that makes everyone's skill evenly laid out. Everyone plays differently, everyone has certain advantages and disadvantages, everyone will have good days and bad days. I am not at all a good player, but I can figure out how to best help the team, even if we are losing. I enjoy that challenge the most in RenX. There's plenty of ways to change tactics and communicate to the team... but then sometimes the team is everyone trying to do their own thing and the focus is lost. I can't tell how many matches have been lost over losing the first harv at start of the game... Or better yet, have had a complete turnaround because people work together with only one building left. This is fact of life if you have a small community of returning players. 

That's my experience, of course, ymmv. Only thing I wish for, is for the chat to be less cluttered of people whining and complaining, and more playing. 

Edited by Atomsk
  • Thanks 1