bring back mrls curving

Guest Former pro curver

Guest Former pro curver

Lately mrls got nerfed extremely as locking the turret and curving is not possible anymore. Mrls was even before that nerf the worst tank in the game and now its even worse while Artillery is one of the strongest Tanks if not strongest (with rep) in the game.  Pls bring the curving back !!!!! 

Guest Former pro Curver

there are a lot of curving fans in the community.  it was not op and required skill. Even in times with curving people called me mrls team hamperer.  It was just fun and not really strong.  There are some Maps where curving is required to do anything as gdi like Islands. It could ve been nerfed instead of removing it. 

• Totem Arts Staff

Arts can be used almost as front line tanks. The shell drop isnt that big a deal once you close the distance, plus the drop let's you hit things that are over hills/rocks while out of sight... but it's less extreme than the MRLS. 

Honestly the current MRLS is my favourite vehicle... can basically hit anything from anywhere if you just work angles.

Guest Akai™

If you compare artillery with mrls, artillery is the better tank in any way. In my opinion the vet farming of artillery is way stronger than any mrls curving. Artillery fires a shot every 2 secconds and can long range attack Buildings. If you shot a Building you farm 2 vp every 5 secconds. So you get 24 vp in a Minute. you get in under half an our to heroic with artillery building spam. In under 15 minutes off walls or Islands you fight as gdi recruits Nod elites often. Yesterday we had a game on walls where half of gdi was recruit and half vet and nod artillery spammers had heroic with stopped harvester and no lost buliding at this time. 

Although i never curved i think it was a good thing cause it made mrls useful but not op.

Buying current mrls is lost 450 credits as a gunner has far more Impact. + you can evade the autolocked Missiles easy with light tank and mrls doesent hit shots on close range. 

The excessive curving was definitely a little OP on some maps.

I think the MRLS just needs a bit of a boost in head-to-head fights to compete a little better with Arties. Maybe something simple like speeding up the non-homing missiles a bit (i.e. right-click firing) to make a more balanced risk-reward trade-off between fire modes.

A more radical approach could also be to change the non-homing fire mode to be more of a burst attack. Something like a 1.5-second charge-up, then launching all missiles in a 1.5-second window (maybe with some added spread/inaccuracy).

PS. Is it just my imagination, or does the Arty have longer range than the MRLS? If so, I think they should be aligned.

• Like 1

After not playing the game for a period of time, in my opinion the MRLS curving was one of the worst mechanics introduced to the game.

Overall I think the MRLS is fine and don’t need to be buffed, at least I don’t have problems with it. They are good for shooting over long distances and as a second line behind meds and mammoths, because its target lock helps a lot in that regard. So I don't agree with the people, who constantly say that MRLS are useless.

Also since med tanks deal more damage than light tanks and flame tanks can only be used in close combat on maps with obstacles in the main field providing cover to them, artilleries make up for that disadvantage. Otherwise all main vehicles of GDI would at least be on par or better than NOD tanks. NOD tanks already have a hard time, when GDI is pushing out meds and mammoths.

Edited by Denuvian
  • Like 3

...according to some ppl, arties get some kind of vp boost if you're camping buildings...like if you hit a building a few times the vp-per-hit goes up.  NO idea if that's true but if you've been around the last week or so you've heard this person talk about it.....starts with an S, ends with a M....constantly AFK...

and again...PLEASE DONT BRING BACK THE CURVING

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, AshbyJones said:

...according to some ppl, arties get some kind of vp boost if you're camping buildings...like if you hit a building a few times the vp-per-hit goes up.  NO idea if that's true but if you've been around the last week or so you've heard this person talk about it.....starts with an S, ends with a M....constantly AFK...

and again...PLEASE DONT BRING BACK THE CURVING

Assume said person is an idjit that cant comprehend math... 

Already looked at what they mistook for a glitch... Confirmed working normally. Arty just does that much damage 

• Like 1

The exaggerated curving was really frustrating to deal with when base locked - Under, Field and where else. I don't mind the bit of curve that remains, but I admit I don't know how to lock the turret or side curve them so never managed to do it, only the natural drop at the end they have now. I dislike how artillery shells can land near point blank and kill people around them, but the MRLS can only shoot long range accurately and flaps about when under close pressure from anything, but their rockets are so slow head to head that only some of them hit compared to the burst hit of a shell landing on its target.