Two Commanders In One Team

Snow.

Today I played on "Constructive Tyranny Marathon", default setting of the server is the commanders after mapchange still have their role.

We had the situation, that after mapchange both commanders from previously game are shuffled in one team, both had command powers and could use them.

The other team had no commander, I don't know if the other team voted for a commander, the round was also over very quickly.

Was a very interesting and strange situation.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

It's a glitch.

It was pretty funny the first time I saw it 😃

I think it was also an interesting way to test out the idea of having "multiple" commanders.

We tried testing somewhat but I think more testing should be needed before allowing something like that.

• Like 2

• Totem Arts Staff

no the other team didnt have a commander haha.

It's a bug. with the way commanders are handled after a match ends. By default they are kept in place round to round, but most servers disable the feature. so if teams are switched and both people who commanded are on the same team.. boom 2 commanders =D

I don't remember those details it was awhile ago since I've seen it.

Edited by roweboat
lol.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, roweboat said:

By default they are kept in place round to round

Not quite, its a feature thats disabled by default, and only really enabled by CT.

Its intended for use with TeamMode=1 (PUG team swapping using this), but on occasion you will see 2 commanders on one team.

Once a commander is voted for the opposite team, one of the 2 commanders on the team should lose their commander powers.

• Like 1