Can't join server playing a new map (IslandsXtra)

Fishyshoe

Yo!

So I was playing the CT Marathon server until a few minutes ago. A match was over, and everyone voted for a new(?) map called IslandsXtra. For some reason the game crashed after a minute or two, never actually loading the map. When I tried to rejoin, either via the launcher or the game itself, before AND after I verified the game integrity - nothing happens. The game simply loads to the main menu and stays there (if using the launcher), or simply doesn't join the match if using the in-game multiplayer menu.

I don't see the map even in the Skirmish menu.

Any solutions?

Thanks!

• Totem Arts Staff
Just now, Fishyshoe said:

Yo!

So I was playing the CT Marathon server until a few minutes ago. A match was over, and everyone voted for a new(?) map called IslandsXtra. For some reason the game crashed after a minute or two, never actually loading the map. When I tried to rejoin, either via the launcher or the game itself, before AND after I verified the game integrity - nothing happens. The game simply loads to the main menu and stays there (if using the launcher), or simply doesn't join the match if using the in-game multiplayer menu.

I don't see the map even in the Skirmish menu.

Any solutions?

Thanks!

If you're sitting at the main menu and it's "frozen", you're downloading the map/compiling shaders for the materials on the map. It's a custom map.

Didn't find anything either.

Thanks anyway!

If anyone else reading this has a link or can attach the map here, I'll appreciate it.

P.S. This also applies to another map - ForestNight - so if there's any place to download all these maps manually...

Edited by Fishyshoe

First of all, thanks!!!

So I managed to add the forest maps (thanks to the instructions file), but when I tried doing the same for IslandsXtra - it didn't work (map still doesn't show in the Skirmish menu).

Here's what I did:

I put the map file (.udk) in the Renegade X -> UDKgame -> CookedPC -> Maps -> RenX folder;
I put the environment file (.upk) in the Renegade X -> UDKgame -> CookedPC -> RenX -> Environments folder.

Am I missing something or did I do something wrong?

Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

Hi guys I had exactly the same problem.

Indeed the main menu is perfectly responsive and you would think it's doing nothing.
But it's actually downloading in the background and just not showing it.

The solution, for now, is to wait.
Depending on your download speed after a while it will suddenly load the map.

On 3/6/2020 at 1:41 AM, cazzone said:

ME TOO....

Have you tried waiting for a couple of minutes?
It would seem that it does actually download the map in the background even though you can still browse the main menu.

edit: Ah, I see that your issue has been resolved now.
Still leaving this here, as many, many more just got "kicked" out of the server in this way because they didn't know what's up. Whoops.

Edited by DugeHick
  • Thanks 1