A couple UDK.exe issues after upgrading my Renegade-X...

Ant

I just upgraded my old Renegade-X, but noticed a couple issues on my decade old 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 PC with 6 GB of RAM, ATI Radeon 4870 video card (512 MB of VRAM), etc. Shouldn't it be running 64-bit instead of 32-bit for me? Also, exiting the game leaves its Udk.exe process running even after exiting Renegade-X's Launcher.

It still runs the x86 binary by default, to use the x64 binary, go to your Renegade X install folder, open the Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe

As for the process getting stuck, I believe that happens only for a fraction of the users, but is currently being investigated.

5 hours ago, limsup said:

It still runs the x86 binary by default, to use the x64 binary, go to your Renegade X install folder, open the Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe

As for the process getting stuck, I believe that happens only for a fraction of the users, but is currently being investigated.

Thank you for the quick answer even though I went to bed right after posting. Is there a way to tell the launcher to use the 64-bit EXE? Does it make any differences between them? I noticed 32-bit UDK.exe uses a lot of RAM. IIRC, 32-bit process can only go up to 3 GB of RAM. Will the 64-bit EXE file be able to go higher than that with my 6 GB of RAM?

Edited by Ant

• Totem Arts Staff

Currently there’s no way to make the launcher use 64-bit binaries. We are aware of the issues with the improper shut downs, thank you for letting us know you also have that issue. I’ve seen it a few times for myself, but it’s not consistent for me. 

29 minutes ago, < blank > said:

Currently there’s no way to make the launcher use 64-bit binaries. We are aware of the issues with the improper shut downs, thank you for letting us know you also have that issue. I’ve seen it a few times for myself, but it’s not consistent for me. 

Thanks. Please add an option to use 64-bit EXE file in the future Launcher versions. So, you don't know the differences between 32-bit and 64-bit EXEs? As for the stuck UDK.exe, mine is always reproducable. :(

Edited by Ant

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Ant said:

Thanks. Please add an option to use 64-bit EXE file in the future Launcher versions. So, you don't know the differences between 32-bit and 64-bit EXEs? As for the stuck UDK.exe, mine is always reproducable. :(

64 bit on launcher used to be a thing, but we were planning to drop support for the 64bit client, so we just removed it from the launcher.