Update won't install (patch error)

Kuzco

I'm trying to update my game and when promoted in the launcher, I select download. Once it finishes downloading, I click the 'close' button when promoted and it then closes the launcher and comes up with an error:

Patch failed

Failed to update the launcher (code 2)

Please close any applications related to Renegade-X and try again.

I don't have anything open so not sure what this means. I'm trying to play online but when I select a server it starts downloading heaps of random files. I've waited for over half an hour while it downloads random files such as VH_maps etc but it seems to be never ending. I'm assuming this is related to the outdated version.

Thanks

• Totem Arts Staff
33 minutes ago, Kuzco said:

Haven't updated in ages (as I haven't been playing). Would say over a year ago.

I would recommend completely deleting your Renegade X directory (as well as deleting from the apps/programs control panel) and doing a clean install.

On 5/31/2018 at 7:10 AM, Sarah! said:

I would recommend completely deleting your Renegade X directory (as well as deleting from the apps/programs control panel) and doing a clean install.

Uninstalled and then tried re-installing twice, both times I got the following error (right at the end after installing everything):

Error: Unable to start Renegade-X launcher: Another instance is already running!

Thanks for your help thus far :)

Edited by Kuzco

1 hour ago, Kuzco said:

Uninstalled and then tried re-installing twice, both times I got the following error (right at the end after installing everything):

Error: Unable to start Renegade-X launcher: Another instance is already running!

Thanks for your help thus far :)

open your taskmanager and look for a "Renegade X Launcher" task running in the background. kill the process, start the launcher again -> install the game.

I'm a bit surprised to hear from that bug again :/ thought they fixed it with the latest launcher version. and you're using the official launcher v0.8x?

• Thanks 1

If that does not work out as my colleague previously described and you already have the current version 0.82.
Can I tell you 2 alternative possibilities that are not official. You could try this alternative.

1 opportunity to use the Community Manager. ->

-> Start Community manager. Login Guest -> Downloader tab -> update (Check with server)  -> wait -> start downloading -> play and hafe fun :D

2nd possibility to download a full build. ->

https://renegade-x.com/forums/topic/75192-renegade-x-download/

I hope I helped him.

lg iTweek

Edited by iTweek.

18 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

open your taskmanager and look for a "Renegade X Launcher" task running in the background. kill the process, start the launcher again -> install the game.

I'm a bit surprised to hear from that bug again :/ thought they fixed it with the latest launcher version. and you're using the official launcher v0.8x?

That fixed it! Thanks so much for your help everyone, much appreciated :)

• Like 1