Removing old version which is no longer on my computer

schmidt1911

I'm running NVIDIA but don't see any NVIDIA programs currently running to shut off. This may be a shot in the dark, but it's as though the installer is looking for the previous installer to update. Are there any old versions out there?

I could try refreshing windows, but think that might do more harm than good at this point.

1 hour ago, HuskerDoggo said:

Just make sure you delete the Renegade x folder in program files or (x86) then redownload the game from the site and install that

given from his intro post, I think he did that

On 6.4.2018 at 8:14 AM, schmidt1911 said:

I deleted all previous versions of Renegade X (and files)

When I removed Renegade X, I deleted the files manually (removed them from the folders to the recycle bin). I believe my system still thinks there's a file on the drive by the name 'Renegade X Installer.msi' (which was deleted after moving to recycle bin), which explains why 'Renegade X' is still in the Apps & Features Folder. When I attempt to uninstall it, the process still looks for the original (now deleted) files. I believe the best bet is to either find the original installer file and put it on my drive, or recover it from the deleted recycle bin (of which I'm not technically savvy enough to do).

• Totem Arts Staff

Deleting manually is what did you in... Don't ever do that

Now you have a windows issue to resolve, its not really a renx thing.

Try something like revo uninstaller pro free trial to wipe anything renx related,  mostly registry...

also maybe ccleaners registry cleaner could help.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2018 at 7:35 AM, schmidt1911 said:

Cronus, the revo uninstaller pro free trial worked like a charm, and I was able to reload RenX. Thank you!!!!!

I have no idea what I am doing with this program but I don't dare, the last time I did registry-cleanings I BSOD'd myself xD 

However I do desperately need to clean RenX from the registry, the game takes forever to actually load up and having 4 instances of RenX in the app/programs list is probably why

Edited by Madkill40