C&C Movie and Tv series

Xtractor

I believe that the C&C  universe is rich enought to make  a pilot Movie and eventualy some Tv series.

I think that  good movies/Tv writers with C&C gamers and Devs could guide them if necessary in developping a rich story .

C&C  universe has everything imo to go to the Big screen and it's more than only Battle between factions.

They Have 2 major Factions GDI and Nod ,High tech weaponery ,mutants ,Time changing ,strong characters, Scientist,tiberium,Kane...

I want to let know to Movie industry that there is something to Do that can be very sucessfull with the c&c universe.

Do you Share my though that it can make the Big Screen ?

Do you Have some ideas about a pilot Movie story ?

What would be your thoughts if An anoncement was made that a C&C movie was in production?

I Have talked about it to an well know series Writer and producer about but he's not a gamer and dont't know the universe of c&c

Then Id search Google if this was ever been thinking and found that Westwood wanted to Bring C&C to the Big Screen in 1998

Westwood senior producer Donny Miele is supervising the film adaptation of the “Command” series. The company is seeking to partner with a major studio to produce the sci-fi action adventure pic, said Miele, but is prepared to finance the film independently

http://variety.com/1998/film/news/westwood-studios-plans-command-for-big-screen-1117479403/

Now that EA has the rights and probably more money maybe they might be interested

Edited by Xtractor
  • Like 1

Command & Conquer easily have a story rich and detailed enough to be worthy of the big screen, I have thought about it many times.

Video games that get turned into film or series tend to fail hard though and have never been especially popular or frequent.
such media must follow the ingame lore and world accurately enough to avoid disappointing (or enrage) the playerbase, while at the same time being easy enough to digest for an audience that haven't played the games, it seems to be a very hard mix to get right.

I can only think of three examples that hasn't been complete failures.
Resident Evil, those movies have enough action and hot girls to stand strong as generic action movies.
The World of Warcraft movie, Blizzard had a MASSIVE playerbase to market it to.
The Netflix Castlevania series, actually made by competent people that know what they are doing, simple but detailed story with top notch animation.

The Command & Conquer universe takes place over such a long era of time, the first tiberium war is the least interesting one but lays the foundation for the rest of the story, its basically good guys versus terrorists in the 90s fighting over radioactive mold, very meeh.
Most of the interesting stuff regarding tiberiums effect on earths civilizations and the development of Kanes charachter doesn't happen until later in the series.

It would need some good writers to flesh out the story for it to be more than just Havoc blowing stuff up and coining catchprases.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Syntharn said:

Command & Conquer easily have a story rich and detailed enough to be worthy of the big screen, I have thought about it many times.

Video games that get turned into film or series tend to fail hard though and have never been especially popular or frequent.
such media must follow the ingame lore and world accurately enough to avoid disappointing (or enrage) the playerbase, while at the same time being easy enough to digest for an audience that haven't played the games, it seems to be a very hard mix to get right.

I can only think of three examples that hasn't been complete failures.
Resident Evil, those movies have enough action and hot girls to stand strong as generic action movies.
The World of Warcraft movie, Blizzard had a MASSIVE playerbase to market it to.
The Netflix Castlevania series, actually made by competent people that know what they are doing, simple but detailed story with top notch animation.

The Command & Conquer universe takes place over such a long era of time, the first tiberium war is the least interesting one but lays the foundation for the rest of the story, its basically good guys versus terrorists in the 90s fighting over radioactive mold, very meeh.
Most of the interesting stuff regarding tiberiums effect on earths civilizations and the development of Kanes charachter doesn't happen until later in the series.

It would need some good writers to flesh out the story for it to be more than just Havoc blowing stuff up and coining catchprases.

I'm thinking how Marvell was having very difficult time before going to the Big screen and now it's a gold mine .

I think the same can be done with C&C.I think like Star Trek it would have to add new elements to the Base or later story event if it has to modify the original story for the Movie sake.Even If i played some of the c&c games i can't tell what 's the whole original story .I know there is An alien ship in Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun but what are they ?where they come from ? idk But these things could certainly do a Great story :).

I'm convice that a Pilot with great special effects and a good budjet and an awesome story would be a next Stargate  and be a great competitor to or similar franchise s