Game Elements Missing

MegaBladeZX25

EDIT 3/29/19: Hoo boy it has been a long year. I am finally back to playing Renegade though. Since this post, I have gotten new hardware that supposedly fixed my age old problem. I was able to replicate the issue by downgrading my graphics drivers. Having new drivers brought everything back, but it took this long to get the right driver that fixed the issue. If this issue can be closed, I consider it closed. Great game, and I am sad that my drivers were not able to keep up, but I am back to playing my favorite Unreal Command & Conquer. Happy battling!

Hello all. I am having a slight issue with my Renegade X install. Whenever I go into a game, the in game textures and elements are missing. They appear to be very block-like and chunky. Is there any way to resolve this? I have tried reinstalling DirectX and all of my visual redistributables. I have not found a solution to this error as of yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Renegade X (32-bit, DX9) 2_1_2018 6_04_35 PM.png

Renegade X (32-bit, DX9) 2_1_2018 6_04_57 PM.png

Renegade X (32-bit, DX9) 2_1_2018 6_05_15 PM.png

Edited by MegaBladeZX25
Issue Resolved

45 minutes ago, j0g32 said:

It looks like the textures are not fully resolving(?). The textures are there, but the resolution (or mip-maps?) is messed up. I sometimes get something similar for the first few split-seconds when I spawn.

Have you played around with different graphics settings in the menu?

All of the settings I have tried have had no effect on the issue.

• Totem Arts Staff

ok try resetting your settings by:

go to you install directory (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X)

navigate to the config folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\UDKGame\Config)

find UDKSystemSettings.ini (not DefaultSystemSettings.ini)

delete UDKSystemSettings.ini (not DefaultSystemSettings.ini)

run game to rebuild the settings

see if its fixed

if fixed use settings menu to find best settings for you and report back to help others in the same situation

if not fixed report back and we will go to the next step

1 hour ago, kenz3001 said:

ok try resetting your settings by:

go to you install directory (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X)

navigate to the config folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\UDKGame\Config)

find UDKSystemSettings.ini (not DefaultSystemSettings.ini)

delete UDKSystemSettings.ini (not DefaultSystemSettings.ini)

run game to rebuild the settings

see if its fixed

if fixed use settings menu to find best settings for you and report back to help others in the same situation

if not fixed report back and we will go to the next step

Sorry, but this did not fix it either. I deleted the file that you said and ran the game again. All settings still produce the same result.