Forum-related question

limsup

I was unsure of who is tasked with the maintenance of this Forum, so I decided to ask my questions regarding the Forum itself here.
(Should this be redundant, please feel free to relocate / merge it with existing topic)

My first question would be: Is there any option, to set the Forum's "skin" to one with more brighter backgrounds / graphics? I have a matte display, both home & at work (plus notebook) and when external light is at higher intensity, it makes the Forum less legible for me (btw. I am using eye-glasses, but this is not a reflection-based problem for me), for the darker things appear very dim.

My second question would be regarding the "About me" tab, at the personal profile page. In the beginning, I was under the impression, that if I filled that out in my profile, this would be visible for others (perhaps not anonymous users, but at least to logged-in members). I found that this is not the case. Is this some configuration mistake, that I've unwittingly made?

Thank you in advance,

- limsup

Re: Theme:

There is a default theme which comes with the software suite that is much brighter than this one, but many items on this website are not setup to correctly utilize said theme. If you have any specific suggested on how I might make the current theme more readable, feel free to make a post including CSS changes alongside a screenshot.

Re: About Me page:

2017-06-19_16-49-46.png

• Like 1

Dear Jessica, 

Thank you for your kind answer! I only tried this about page with TheDeadlyWolf, the "About Me" tab did not show for either of us on each other's profile page at the time (we were logged in) :S Guess we must have missed something...

Update: @DarkSn4ke can't see my "About Me" page either :S 

10 hours ago, Agent said:

There is a default theme which comes with the software suite that is much brighter than this one, but many items on this website are not setup to correctly utilize said theme. If you have any specific suggested on how I might make the current theme more readable, feel free to make a post including CSS changes alongside a screenshot.

I understand. As this issue only presents itself during specific lighting conditions, and only on matte displays, I hardly think it would affect a wide range of people. Actually yes, I was indeed thinking about the default PowerBoard theme... While I laid the architectural designs of some web-applications (and myself not proficient in the field of web-design), I do know that a trivial-looking theme could be a tedious work to make and maintain, thus I kindly pass this opportunity to those, more attuned to web-design ^_^ I just wondered, if there existed any quick, and trivial solution. Perhaps I just invert the colors in my Web browser with some accessibility setting...

P.s.: In my humble opinion, the overall visual design of this site is superb, and streamlined. I like it, and the color scheme very much!

Faithfully yours,

Andras

Edited by limsup
Update