MacGarito the Cheato

I was on a crowded match during a recent session of the Snow map. Anyways, some people were saying "who created this map" and "this map needs fixing." There were 50+ people in-game, so not much progress (or lack thereof) was made for the first 20 minutes. Indeed, it was quite a while until the War Factory blew up and a Mobius/Sydney rush failed. At one point the pizza delivery arrived, so I had to turn the game off and I didn't see what happened afterwards.

Anyways, there was one person in-game (I think I spelled MacGarito's name right) who was abusing a base-to-base location. He parked an Artillery at the Airfield and constantly bombarded the War Factory through the sniper perch windows in the middle of the map. After a little discussion with a moderator in-game, MacGarito was kicked but would simply return a minute later (I'm not sure if he got banned). His name is just MacGarito, I couldn't resist making an eyecatching joke in the title. xD 

The aforementioned player's nickname was probably "Macri-Gato"; my associate has encountered that player in several matches, unless you are referring to another player who indeed goes by exactly how you spelled it - "MacGarito".

The B2B on Snow is a known issue, and @Henk is already aware of such. It should be fixed by the next release.

Edited by Jarzey

Macri-Gato is a known b2b noob (among several others, they always try that on Snow claiming afterwards they were just aiming for the inf-path and didn't know they were hitting the WF)

as some maps have b2b problems, it's up to the community (the players who are online at that time) to kick b2b exploiters. shouldn't be that much of a problem, with a server moderator playing at that time too.

1 hour ago, DarkSn4ke said:

Macri-Gato is a known b2b noob (among several others, they always try that on Snow claiming afterwards they were just aiming for the inf-path and didn't know they were hitting the WF)

as some maps have b2b problems, it's up to the community (the players who are online at that time) to kick b2b exploiters. shouldn't be that much of a problem, with a server moderator playing at that time too.

"Building Damage +2 VP"

But yeah it's fixed in the upcoming version, as well as the floating lamp in the Barracks.

Now someone also mentioned b2b Arty on Reservoir during that match on Snow, but refused to post on the forums how to, said I had to find it out myself, does anyone know where? I'm presuming he was just talking about Arties & MRLS being able to hit the dam infantry entrance, which has already been reduced a lot. If the top dam entrance is camped by an Arty, you could always take the back path with the Dam MCT, or go field side, plenty of ways to get in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Henk said:

Now someone also mentioned b2b Arty on Reservoir during that match on Snow, but refused to post on the forums how to, said I had to find it out myself, does anyone know where?

I think on an older version of Reservoir it was possible to hit the barracks with an arty (not every shot though). Don't think it's possible with the current version (didn't test it), the arty-spam on top of the dam is annoying though :/

8 minutes ago, DarkSn4ke said:

claiming bug exploiting is legit

Well, from his point of view, he could ask himself: "Who shall stop me?" If some exploitable scenario exists on a map, and he knows that no persecution shall be made against him, what would there be to force him to abandon his ways? (Clearly he has no intention of stopping exploiting this phenomena)