Rifleman, y u follow a Stank?

Chrisjh0223

Yesterday during a match on the map Tunnels, Alex was the default rifleman soldier you spawn as. I was driving a Stealth Tank on full health (cloaked) and headed into the tunnel leading to behind GDI's Barracks. So I drive into the tunnel, and Alex started following me (we weren't on teamspeak). I didn't bother to stop and type text to him, but I saw on the minimap in the bottom left he was right behind me. Good thing no GDI was around. So I park behind the Barracks and look around, no GDI around still. So I hop out, plant a nuke & throw down a timed c4. LOL, Alex was with me the whole time. So I hop back in the Stealth Tank, wait for the cloak and then drive a little back to where the tunnel begins. Gunner shows up, he and Alex duke it out, and Alex defeats the Gunner. Only one GDI Engineer showed up, and Alex defeated that GDI unit as well. Someone else blew up the Barracks with conventional firepower, so I helped firing away at the Power Plant and we ended up winning the match.

The one complaint I have is that if a teammate is a stealth unit and you're not, you shouldn't be close to it. Had a GDI unit saw Alex as he was following my Stealth Tank (such as a Sniper or Patch) then he would have opened fire and revealed my Stealth Tank. Now if a stealth ally loses the cloak due to low health, then I don't mind it. But if the unit has enough health or is cloaked, then if you're not a stealth ally than you shouldn't be anywhere near the stealth unit, or else you risk accusations of griefing.

The wiki is not the same as information in game, most players (I think) rarely visit the websites of the games they play. It would be nice if players could access game information from the game menu with stuff about all buildings, units, tanks, stealth, mining, tactics etc. That way the new players could look up everything while they play and we would avoid experienced players getting angry at them making the game a bad experience.

• Like 1

It's common sense not to go near a stealth ally if you're not cloaked. I've played with Alex and I think he knows stealth units are invisible to the enemy so he should have avoided getting near the stealth allies.

Still, I won't be mad at players hampering their teammates if it's not intentional (I even giggled when a teammate in a stealth tank rush team got tempted and opened fire on an enemy, giving away our stealth tank rush plan). The fact that Alex was over-mining after me and some other teammates asked him nicely to stop placing proximity C4s is quite frowned upon.