[Mod] RenX Buildings with Ramps (Prefabs)

Luhrian

• Totem Arts Staff

RenX Buildings with Ramps (Prefabs)

View File

Hey guys,

I noticed, that if you want to make a flying map, waste your time with grouping and replacing to get this Mesh with ramps in. 

So I just created Prefabs of these buildings with ramps to save time. I wanted to create them only for myself, but maybe someone can use it, so I decided to upload it.

INSTALL GUIDE:

591335bf168b6_Screenshot(58).thumb.png.26c25211f7a1f85dc849141b7bde64bb.png

You'll find 2 folders inside the zip. The first folder is for the SDK, the second for the game. You have to include it, if you want to see this buildings inside the game. So if you uploading a map, which is using these files, the .upk file must be inside your zip-folder (or .rar etc).

You can just open your Renegade X folder and paste in inside there. The .upk file will be at the right place, if you don't changed any folder names. 

5913366a77dfe_Screenshot(61).thumb.png.458f313d786ab77091e1849a32cce574.png

For the SDK version, you have to open that folder and you'll find another UDKGame folder. You just paste them inside your RenegadeX 03-03-2017 and it will be at the right place, if you didn't changed any folder names5913384547772_Screenshot(59).thumb.png.26556617af73cf38ac247df94ffb431f.png

Then it should be included in the game and in the SDK. If you Content Browser doesn't find it, just open it with the folder symbol.

59133a6c655ae_Screenshot(62).thumb.png.ac9af08e1fe6a629ac9f597471b3932e.png

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Yes, but in this version there are no spawn points, sounds, lights etc. If you want to have these flying version with that stuff, you always had to convert the Prefab to Actor group the path nodes, emitters... and then you had to replace all the mesh with the flying version, so you are loosing a lot of time. 

Just look at the video from Thommy (go to 16:20)

Thanks for the upload @Luhrian.

I think it's up to every leveldesigner, if these steps are too tedious or not.

Not sure if a seperate package is necessary for the final maps though. If you just convert all prefabs to normal actors there shouldn't be any referencing problems since all actors are already part of the stock RenX assets. ;)

• Totem Arts Staff
19 minutes ago, j0g32 said:

Thanks for the upload @Luhrian.

I think it's up to every leveldesigner, if these steps are too tedious or not.

Not sure if a seperate package is necessary for the final maps though. If you just convert all prefabs to normal actors there shouldn't be any referencing problems since all actors are already part of the stock RenX assets. ;)

Maybe the meshes are already in, but I think you need it. If you use it, just include it. I mean it isn't that big.

Edited by Luhrian

Yes, what I was trying to say is that basically Prefabs are just like groups (of actors, CTRL+G), which can be saved as assets in an external package; and can therefore easily be used across levels.

However, a prefab only consisting of stock actors (without Kismet or custom materials) does not contain additional information that would need to be loaded into a level. That's why i would guess that as long as the level designer does not forget to "convert prefabs to normal actors" at the end of the day, everyone could play the map without having to download an additional package.

Hope that makes sense ;)

Prefabs are just a useful tool to make the LDs life easier while building the level.

But for that reason i highly appreciate your effort and contribution :)

Edited by j0g32

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...