Stay in your tank GDI, or else it will DIE.

Chrisjh0223

If you're on team GDI and used to C&C Renegade, then you naturally expect enemy stealth infantry to hijack your team's vehicles when you least expect it. Whenever you're on a map without automated defenses (such as X-Mountain) or all your defensive buildings are destroyed (IE all the Guard Towers, Advanced and minor on Goldrush) then you need to be more vigilant of your team's vehicles. Instead of relying on yourself to repair your vehicle, ask a teammate to repair it, NEVER get out of your vehicle and leave it empty for several seconds. You can quickly get out so a team mate can jump in, but you shouldn't leave it empty for too long.

Some people are used to independent repairs, especially if they're a Hotwire or free tier unit. If Hotwire or Engineer, they repair it and then get back in. If a free tier unit other than Engie, swap to Engie, repair vehicle, revert to other infantry unit and then get back in. BUT if they're an advanced character other than the advanced Engineer, they don't want to sacrifice the pricey character so they become reliant on repair capable teammates and say "I need repairs!" and that's good, they're relying on teamwork for at least one moment, not self-service the entire game. For GDI, unless you're under the watchful cover of a functional automated defense then you need to keep someone (IE YOURSELF) inside a vehicle and signal a teammate for repair if you need it. Nod is allowed to be more lenient, because GDI doesn't have stealth soldiers (unless they acquire SBH from a spy crate) so they can leave a vehicle unoccupied to repair it but WATCH OUT! Sometimes GDI players are good at sneaking and blind spots, and as such I have hijacked Nod vehicles from careless players as an ordinary Grenadier. LOL, I once hijacked an empty Mammoth a Hotwire was repairing as the default Nod Soldier you spawn as thanks to a silly blind spot. Thus, whenever you're unsure if leaving a vehicle is a good idea, rely on someone to hold or repair it for you.

Recently I was on team GDI on X-Mountain and a team mate (ThePirate, if I remember the username correctly) left his Medium Tank vacant by our Power Plant. So I put a Timed C4 on it and repaired a building. I see the Medium Tank vacant again, so I put more C4 on it and repair a little more. Eventually, I blew it up (empty vehicles are a liability for GDI). Shortly after, sure enough, I see one of Nod's stealth soldiers lurking around, so it was a good idea to blow up the tank. ThePirate complained "WHO BLEW UP MY TANK" and when I could type I said "I did, because u left it empty." ThePirate said "Y not get in it and hold it? I quickly jumped out to repair pp." Well, that was a good point he had, but it's common community behavior on GDI when a team vehicle is vacant to destroy it most often, but sometimes some people do occupy the vehicle from time to time, but not often. Hmm, I'll try to remember that good point ThePirate mentioned in that match, especially if I'm just a free tier infantry unit.

Kenz3001 has said it so sometimes himself, when you're on GDI do NOT leave a vehicle unattended. He basically said if a vehicle is empty on GDI and no defenses are around, he will destroy it without hesitation most often (or take it for himself, but the latter less likely). I once was playing for GDI on the Islands map as the character Patch, and a teammate got out of his MRLS to repair it. I tossed my Timed C4 on it just in case. Sure enough, an SBH stole it but thankfully he lost it within 30 seconds anyway. So yeah, I'm just as vigilant as Kenz, so whenever we're on GDI and you leave your vehicle empty, don't come whining to either of us when your vehicle is stolen by the enemy or destroyed.

My past 2 tank steals where from Nod B| But yes, this should be known to everyone. I always spawm "Get in the vehicle!" while I'm in a mammoth, and I also have my tank barrels pointed at the tank to destroy it as soon as an enemy would get in. When I'm infantry I get into the secondary seat just in case.

When I see my teammate leave his vehicle as GDI, I didn't destroy it but I was really hoping a stealth soldier would steal it and annoy him even more. They'll learn their lesson faster this way.

For some reason, I never got angry if my teammate allows the enemy to steal their vehicles, I got amused and is quite satisfying to see them getting killed by their own tank and hopefully they learn from it ha ha ha.

Well, I just have learned a valuable lesson regarding this... Yesterday as we were playing "Islands", I was doing front-line repairs for GDI's armor division, which was at that time laying siege to the Nod base at their entrance. I suddenly saw an empty Mammoth Tank, then I had ascertained, that it didn't have an owner. So, not wanting to lose such an asset needlessly, I made some use of it. But then Laser Chain-gun Black Hands started pouring out of the Nod base, wearing my Mammoth down to around 170 health points. I thought I'd retreat behind the rock formation to make repairs, and when I exited my vehicle, an Abduction Crate spawned just on the same spot. Talk about luck! While the Scrin were probing my *never mind*, and me, pondering on Fffreak's words, that how many other good crates are, and how rare Nuke/Scrin are, an artful Stealth Black Hand stole the Mammoth, much to the delight of @dtdesign, who himself was in another Mammoth near me.

Lesson learned: I shall pay heed to dtdesign's advice!

Entschuldigung, dt!

Oh, so I was right hearing about an abduction taking place, I thought you were just greedy and got punished for it! It was a bit of a bad timing that a SBH hopped in and it took me too long to turn my own mammoth's turrets so in the end I took out the mammoth, but lost mine shortly after to another SBH. Well, let's blame freak for it for re-enabling the abduction spam again.

@vandal33 This is exactly the issue I'm having with stolen vehicles, when all of sudden a tank behind our own frontline starts attacking you. Especially if you drove past that mammoth (at that time owned by a teammate) and like 5 seconds later it turns hostile. It takes some time to realize that what happens, time that allows the other team's player to get out a free shot at me.

Edited by dtdesign

11 minutes ago, dtdesign said:

Well, let's blame freak for it for re-enabling the abduction spam again.

I would refrain from that, and would urge you too in doing so, in light of the debate on the following topic: 

Fffreak is right, and karma is capricious - on the bottom line it just brings more color to the game ^_^

I was just unfortunate enough to jump out of my Mammoth in a place where the Scrin Crate has just transitioned into realspace...

Would have been happier, if the Scrin would have picked up the Stealth Soldier instead! :D