Recommend us music for video gaming.

Chrisjh0223

Recently while playing RenX we have mentioned in-game about what we listen to. It's really easy to run a music/media player in the background with your favorite music, or even say, a CD player or iPod close to your computer desk. Heck, some people might turn their television to a music channel (such as what the Music Choice bundle comes with). :D This topic not only applies to RenX but also all video games in general, but we may as well suggest one another music for when we play C&C Renegade (oldren and RenX alike).

Pretty much any kind of metal, rock, or techno/electronica is fitting for games like RenX. One REALLY good metal band is Five Finger Death Punch, as they're a superb modern metal band AND their music has good PSA capability that many people can relate to. Some people are really fond of Metallica's first 4 albums, and play them while doing absolutely anything in real life AND video gaming. Ayria is a very good electronica artist, so check out her stuff if you want music while you play any variation of C&C Renegade.

During one match of RenX, a player mentioned he was listening to one faction's music (Terran?) from the StarCraft OST. One other person however said that it's only fitting for when you play as that particular faction, and if doing anything else than that music is very unfitting.

There are songs with lyrics, and other songs are instrumentals (no lyrics at all). As I mentioned already, Five Finger Death Punch is a worthwhile band for the RenX experience but they do have lyrics (which I don't mind) so if you only want songs without lyrics, absolutely understandable. Some people might say they rely on in-game voice cues much like the RTS C&C games, so yeah. I however am used to vocal music for a great deal of sandbox style games (C&C Renegade games have sort of a sandbox style format) so it's no problem for me to play Five Finger Death Punch as well as anything you may suggest to me. When it comes to RTS games, ALL in-game voices have a VERY important role, so I'm used to only using instrumental music for RTS games. If you want some real good music for RTS gaming (or if you're a fan of instrumentals anyway) I recommend Frank Klepacki's independent CDs such as Infiltrator.

All in all, music helps you think and helps set a mood or atmosphere for whatever you want. While doing other things in life I indeed listen to music, such as electronica or metal when I do Brain Training on my Nintendo DS. I've also turned the television to a Music Choice channel when doing floor exercises in the gymnasium (Electronica Dance, Rock, or Metal). Please post any suggestions you have for us. :-)

Well currently on the outs due to a hard drive crash, but I usually mix up all the original c&c soundtracks. When I get sick of listening to that, I'll throw my other mix of Tesseract, Animals as Leaders, Rings of Saturn and a couple other heavy but good rythym bands I can't remember. I find Djent to be a really good fit for Ren X and rts's in general. Has a good beat.

I prefer to not listen to music during most games, so i can better hear my surroundings and other important sounds. Also, some games already have great music that really enhances the experience. But there's a couple of games where I turn off the music after I've heard about enough of it, but leave sounds on, like Fire Emblem, RCT, Game Dev Tycoon. I don't play music that's very fitting to those games; Hardstyle. But it's just the music I most like and almost always play.

• 4 weeks later...