Chaingun vs. GT

ilmelp

Hello,

so I was on a "bug"-hunt today and I found another bug to get fixed for you. At Lakeside NF (maybe in all maps), the Chaingun doesn't make dmg to the Guard Tower in GDI. I don't know if the GDI Chaingunner even make no dmg to the GT/Turret of Nod because a few players came and distrubed me :D

So if anyone shall reproduce this, it will be fine.

Thx for fixing =)

Edited by ilmelp
  • Like 1

Seems it has been solved since [I have tried it just now], but the problem most definitely existed! Ilmelp's character was Nod Officer, and he hid behind the GDI Refinery and tried to take out one of the GDI Guard Towers. Regretfully no matter how long he kept firing on it with his chaingun, it absolutely did not damage it for some reason. Meanwhile I was standing next to the GDI War Factory, bearing witness to the enigmatic event.

I have observed it only once, at that instance on one of the servers of CT... Afterwards I had urgent business to do, so I could not check this on the other maps. Mind you, it happened on last Thursday, after the patching. Could it been something related to the new heroic shot-effects of the weapons?

Update: I have witnessed this again, I am currently in-game on CT's AOW server on Whiteout, and the Nod Officer's chaingun seems to not damage the GDI Guard Tower in front of the GDI base...

Edited by limsup

• Totem Arts Staff
15 hours ago, limsup said:

Update: I have witnessed this again, I am currently in-game on CT's AOW server on Whiteout, and the Nod Officer's chaingun seems to not damage the GDI Guard Tower in front of the GDI base...

Using these images I was able to replicate not damaging the GT, but that's because the ground was in the way.  Even from the images alone it loos like your shooting the ground because of the snow blocking the view. 

Have you tried replicating this in Skirmish using god mode to protect yourself while firing and getting closer?

No, I have not (yet).

Using these images I was able to replicate not damaging the GT, but that's because the ground was in the way.  Even from the images alone it loos like your shooting the ground because of the snow blocking the view. 

So you're saying that both this, and firing from the cover of the GDI Weapons Factory, and ilmelp firing from behind the cover of the GDI Refinery on Lakeside were simple mistakes of obstacle blocking? If so, you have my sincerest apologies!

• Totem Arts Staff
6 hours ago, limsup said:

So you're saying that both this, and firing from the cover of the GDI Weapons Factory, and ilmelp firing from behind the cover of the GDI Refinery on Lakeside were simple mistakes of obstacle blocking? If so, you have my sincerest apologies!

Only for the Whiteout map I can say for certain that the obstacles are blocking your shots.  I don't know about Lakeside as I would need an image or video of that.