Launcher Update Downloads, Doesnt install

xVinylScratchx

Well since, as usual, i seem to have some crazy issue that no one else has lets get to. 

Its been a while since I've played due too performance on old computer issues so i came back to try again but it needs an update since its out of date and no servers appear,

Here's the issue: Launcher runs and prompts to update

"Launcher update Available!

Installed Version: 0.54 (yes old i know)

Latest Version: 0.74"

This is fine, i click Download and it downloads. Once it hits 100% another prompt appears saying:

"Updating

Ready to Install. Press close to install and restart." 

Problem is it just closes the launcher and re-opens it saying the same thing as above that there is a "Launcher update Available!". its just a endless cycle of this and i don't know why. i don't have that great of net in the first place and really don't want to re-download the whole thing if i don't have to

• Totem Arts Staff

Check the folder permissions on the Renegade X folder so that EVERYONE (no that's literally the group name) has full permissions to the folder. If it's doing an endless cycle then it's probably just not actually able to swap out files. Also make sure you apply that to all sub folders when you do that, otherwise you'll have more weird problems with updates.  Was resolved in a more recent release, but the old releases didn't set permissions on the folder during install. 

31 minutes ago, yosh56 said:

Check the folder permissions on the Renegade X folder so that EVERYONE (no that's literally the group name) has full permissions to the folder. If it's doing an endless cycle then it's probably just not actually able to swap out files. Also make sure you apply that to all sub folders when you do that, otherwise you'll have more weird problems with updates.  Was resolved in a more recent release, but the old releases didn't set permissions on the folder during install. 

No dice. EVERYONE has permission and nada. Probly just have to fresh install it.

• Totem Arts Staff
9 minutes ago, Agent said:

Honestly a fresh install is going to be way easier than debugging the issue. Plus most of the files in your game client probably have to be fully redownloaded by now anyways.

Kind of... except a lot of the environment/vehicle/character packages haven't been touched since like beta 2-3... Would probably save a lot of download time, but a fresh install would probably also guarentee you don't have more issues.