Suggestions about Infantry

OTT

There were suggestions from the Devs during beta 4 testing about making Havoc/Sakura the commando units by giving them 2 timed C4(but no remotes),but that suggestion didn't actually see light and 1000 snipers ended up with 2 remote C4s only.

Thinking about it,why not make them actually the commando units with 2 timed C4  and 2 remotes and remove their ramjet rifle and give them another weapon which suits their new role,a weapon that is

-weak(or average) against heavy armor vehicles (light tank,med tank,flame tank,mamoth tank etc)

-strong against light armor vehicles (mrls,arti,buggy,humvee ....)

-have the same range as the pic or slightly lesser range

-that weapon shouldn't be a like sniperrifle/ramjet/pic,not 1 bullet every 2/3 seconds weapon,it should be something like patch's weapon(forgot its name) maybe

I mean if you want to instantly~ solo a building,it is gotta be with the most expensive infantry not with a 350 credits technician.

and since Havoc/Sakura are the new commando units,then hotwire/technician should no longer be able to solo a building(remove 1 or 2 timed C4),and to compensate for that maybe

-give them a carbine rifle

-maybe give them 4 remotes(they can still solo a building that way,if that building had a certain amount of perma-damage)

-if not 4 remotes then just 2 remotes and 1 timed

-and maybe slightly increase their speed

this way technicians/hotwires are more about defending and repairs/fieldrepairs but still useful in taking out building(to an extent)

and finally the 500 sniper or should I say the only sniper,with the 1000 sniper no longer a thing

-give them the ability to 1 headshot kill 1000 infantry back,although keep the body damage the same to all infantry

-increase their speed to 100

-increase their price to 750 or 800 or something like that

-the sniper rifle shoots a beam like bullet(like the ramjet),maybe make its color red for BHS and yellow for Deadeye(so it can be easily seen where the sniper is shooting from)

with the latest patch,snipers are easier targets now when scoping because they can no longer sprint

So,what do you think about these suggestions?and what are yours?

• Like 1

In my opinion, the PIC units fit the commando role pretty decently.

Good amount of damage against vehicles (Not too much against heavy, noticable against light vehicles), capability to oneshot infantry, capability to solo a building (hit the MCT 12-13 seconds before timed goes off), nice infiltration assets (EMP grenades). 

Honestly, giving the Hotwire/Techs just one timed and give the other timed to the PICs would be pretty interesting. Snipers shouldn't be the commando class, as their primary objective is anti-inf, whilst PICs are literally "Anti-Armor"

Edited by KrypTheBear

20 hours ago, KrypTheBear said:

In my opinion, the PIC units fit the commando role pretty decently.

Good amount of damage against vehicles (Not too much against heavy, noticable against light vehicles), capability to oneshot infantry, capability to solo a building (hit the MCT 12-13 seconds before timed goes off), nice infiltration assets (EMP grenades). 

it is a lot different when a character with 2 timed and 2 remotes sneaks into a building than when a character with only 1 timed,because if the mine count drop doesn't alert you,you're building is done for unlike raveshaw and sydney where there is enough time to respond (for exmaple GDI/NOD power plant is under attack is heard way early,unless you mean the base is empty from defenders)

The point is to remove one of the sniper classes,they serve the same role but with different damage.Also soloing a building with a decent chance of not being caught using a 350 character(that also excels at other jobs) is OP ,wait did I just say OP :ph34r: guess I caught the virus:|.This way,the pleasure of soloing a building is not stolen,just made a bit more expensive. 

20 hours ago, KrypTheBear said:

Snipers shouldn't be the commando class, as their primary objective is anti-inf, whilst PICs are literally "Anti-Armor"

that's why I said : remove their ramjet rifle and give them another weapon which suits their new role  ^_^

Imho, the only interesting point I see here is to shift the solo-building kill ability to the more costly commando - and thats a good idea!

But for that very reason I wouldn't give him a more versatile weapon on top of that!

In Tiberian Dawn the commando had a one shot sniper which is good against infantry but not against vehicles.

I would stick to that - instead of turning him into an alround damage dealer with a tac rifle etc.

However I personally never liked the ramjet rifles... either cause of the design/size/sound, or because I am just bad sniper :-P

I think the best infantry in Renegade was the 4 bottom-most characters in the purchase menu screen: Sakura/Havoc (best long-range), Mendoza/Mobius (best close-combatant), Sydney/Raveshaw (best anti-armor) and Hotwire/Technician (best building demolition). Having an all-rounder commando class would mean combining all these 4 classes in one single character, which should cost around 2000-3350 credits (wouldn't make sense for an all rounder to cost less than that if he can do what the 3 1ks are good at).

Unless this new commando class is limited to 1 or 2 at a time or being super-expensive, I'm afraid it would encourage less teamwork and character variety. Currently, the best unit at something is worse at something else and if you want an all-rounder unit, you need to get a team composing of adv.engineer, mendoza/mobius, ramjet-rifleman and sydney/raveshaw, only then you get the best anti-everything unit: 4 players elite squad interdependent on each other. Right now, I think the problem is the advanced engineers being too cheap and they should be at the same level as the 1ks, their abilities (mine layer, instant building demolition, field/base repairs, mine sweeper, tech capturer) are just too much for only 350 credits.

Edited by vandal33
grammar

14 hours ago, vandal33 said:

Having an all-rounder commando class would mean combining all these 4 classes in one single character, which should cost around 2000-3350 credits (wouldn't make sense for an all rounder to cost less than that if he can do what the 3 1ks are good at).

Not if this all round commando is weak against heavy armor vehicles,average against infantry,have a medium range