Airstrike cooldown

Novilan

I would like to suggest to increase the cooldown period between airstrikes from currently 30 seconds to at least 60 seconds.

On some maps like Islands with a high economy and with its narrow design, airstrikes get spamed quite often from both factions to push back the opposing tanks. Sometimes there are multiple airstrikes per minute for a longer time period, so that the field-fight is severely limited, because you constantly have to take cover from an airstrike or well otherwise your tank gets destroyed or you die.

Edited by Denuvian
  • Like 4

Slightly, slightly stronger airstrike, with increased cooldown. Not even "stronger", but stretch the "duration" of the airstrike to last "longer", and then increase the airstrike "cooldown" to 60 seconds.

"12 seconds of airstrike every 60 seconds, is better than 6 seconds of airstrike every 30 seconds." ~ Most airstrike-kills last PUG on Walls, with 7.

30 minutes ago, SvN91 said:

Instead of making the airstrike stronger or weaker it would be really cool with different kinds of airstrikes.. Like anti tank and anti infantry, smoke, friendly airdrops like healing supplies etc. :P

uhm.... no way.

Airstrike killing only INF is imaginable. But killing vehicles only? like a devastating EMP bombardement or what? :/

1 hour ago, Henk said:

Twice as long is twice as strong.

E.g.: IF current airstrike drops 3 waves of A10 with 3 seconds apart, make airstrike drop them 5 seconds apart. So, airstrike covers a 10 second window, from first bombing, to last.

I only suggested it, because if you get less frequent airstrikes, the airstrike better do a better job of denying repairs during the time it's out. It even gives repairs more time to respond to flee from the next airstrike hit.

Either way, less frequent airstrikes, mean a poorly-called airstrike or one simply not called in the "heat of battle" and wasted elsewhere, is a more extreme team-hamper.

35 minutes ago, DarkSn4ke said:

uhm.... no way.

Airstrike killing only INF is imaginable. But killing vehicles only? like a devastating EMP bombardement or what? :/

The current airstrike already fires two different kinds of shots, some sort of bombs and canons. I'm thinking that a cheaper airstrike would fire only canons that damage mostly infantry and then a more expensive airsrike that fires bombs that does a lot of damage to vehicles and also infantry I guess.

18 minutes ago, SvN91 said:

The current airstrike already fires two different kinds of shots, some sort of bombs and canons. I'm thinking that a cheaper airstrike would fire only canons that damage mostly infantry and then a more expensive airsrike that fires bombs that does a lot of damage to vehicles and also infantry I guess.

Well, thats just like a remote controlled bombardement like e.g. the U.S. Airforce does with these huge bombers, using SAT intel & live feeds / IR etc.

37 minutes ago, YagiHige said:

E.g.: IF current airstrike drops 3 waves of A10 with 3 seconds apart, make airstrike drop them 5 seconds apart. So, airstrike covers a 10 second window, from first bombing, to last.

What? 3 x 5 seconds = 15 seconds :/

HARDLY THE DISCUSSION! Point is, if longer cooldown on airstrike, make airstrikes spread their waves of fire apart more, to last a longer duration without doing additional damage. Even give it an additional wave and additional damage, just to punish people who stood there for 3 bombings, and continued to stand there, but that's just a suggestion.

You can tweak the durations apart a bit further, it doesn't have to be precise. I am just saying, a weak and infrequent airstrike, won't accomplish de-rooting tanks under repair. I noticed, it already frequently doesn't. Not right now, not without a couple or more. Which is where airstrike spam ensues. If the airstrike lasted longer, there's a bigger opening to push out against tanks. Also, that opening, would be worth more for it's cost.

Especially if the cooldown increase is anything too big, like a minute apart. If you increased it by 10 seconds, I suppose it might still be "frequent enough" at current strength.

Only two options I see. Increase cooldown by slight amount. Or, increase cooldown by about double, but lengthen the duration of airstrike (even if the same total damage).