Game Launcher NOT Updating After Downloading the Update

baner

Okay so i start my renegade X and it gives me the pop up ''LAUNCHER UPDATE AVAILABLE'' so i click download to update the launcher and wait for the update to download then it tells me to click close to install update and i click close and thats it, i just sit for 10 minutes staring at the screen like an idiot and then i open up the game again and its the EXACT same thing and i have done it 5 times now so if anyone can help me that would be appreciated.

(also i  should have posted this whole thing on the Technical support topic but for some reason i posted on the feedback)

Edited by baner

LAUNCHER update? Can you start the game, and see the server browser in-game, if you manually open Renegade-X/Binaries/Win32/UDK.exe?

I could recommend deleting Launcher folder and reinstalling Launcher folder from the Download link at top of webpage, if it's the launcher.

If it's the game, or if download for game says "Pending" without verifying, then you need to see existing troubleshooting which are all filled with a recent fix. You'll know it when you see it, it's a BAT file download.

installation of this game is bad: 

1) I tried to download installation from page: https://renegade-x.com/files/ install this and launched, as a result - endless pending in "Downloading" point.

2) I tried to download mod from page: http://www.indiedb.com/games/renegade-x/downloads/renegade-x-beta-5 and update this - download some thing on 100% and do it again, and again, and again.

• Like 1

Devs are aware of certain issues for a minority of players and are working on it.

However if you are having technical difficulties I recommend viewing the 'Technical Support' sub-forum before being so quick to criticize, if you had you would have found the solution to this problem.

i.e.

In this thread is the solution you seek, please go straight to Option #4. 

• Like 1