Launcher trying to fix installation hangs on trying to reach server in frankfurt

mrsandman

Hi !

After a few months my installation was due for some updates. It is on W10. A parallel W7 installation was running fine so far.

I did not play on that W10 disk for a while.

My launcher had to be updated from 063 to 0.65. That took quite a while to succeed. It often stopped

at random percentages.

That being done ok I tried to verify the setup but that never did anything. Download bar swinging but no progress anywhere.

So I reset the installation and then being asked for install I had basically the same problem

of no progress.

I checked process behavior in wireshark and process monitor and found that the download server port 80

is apparently not present. I can provide the material when needed.

frankfurt1.tyrant.gg  31.186.251.70 was the server.

but I also saw this in proocess monitor (a sysinternals tool, cool stuff):

PerryW10.fritz.box:50211 -> v-31-186-251-70.unman-vds.internap-frankfurt.nfoservers.com:http

So he obviously the reversemapped name.The installer opened 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\patch\download\instructions.json" but that file is apparently empty.

May be someone has to look at infrastructure...

I deinstalled everything now and try the regular downloader.

cheers,

Holger

Same problem. I was not aware there is no difference between updating and installing anymore.

I see the same server being attempted to be reached in resmon.exe. No need for wireshark.

Moving green bar in the download field.

...checking for plain download...