Startup Crash

VonEsling

Just downloaded Renegade X from the website today. I can open the launcher fine but when launching the game from launcher or UDK.exe, game crashes. In the launcher settings, I have the intro videos disabled.

When running, Window opens to black screen. Loading cursor shows for a few seconds then program crashes to desktop and I get the windows error pop-up saying

"BUILT WITH UDK has stopped working". I have tried changing the defaultsystemsettings.ini value of bAllowD3D9MSAA to true, but I still get errors. Right now it is set to false and this is my error...

Launch.log

System Specs

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz

RAM: 3.00 GB

System: 32-bit Win 7 pro

DirectX Version 11

Video: ATI Radeon HD 5450

Edited by VonEsling
added system specs

Oh wow, you almost have my old pc. The Q6600 is still a capable cpu (Althoug its kinda old). That GPU is quite low end though. I had a HD5570 and it could barely run the game. It could run but everything had to be ultra low so Havoc's face looks more like a triangle with eyes :P . But onwards to the problem at hand, you wanna play, I'm gonna help!

I see this in your log file:

Address = 0x7582845d (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll]
Address = 0x7e36e442 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll]
Address = 0x6a23e312 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll]
Address = 0x6a266e2a (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll]
Address = 0x6a242c2c (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll]
Address = 0x2d1054a  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x2d1036f  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x1585693  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x158a191  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x15e3219  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x15e439a  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x15d937e  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x15e43b9  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x15e444b  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

I'm not 100% sure but it looks like you have an incomplete or corrupted .Net framework. Try to install (or repair) it again. The weird part is that it is also indicating it can not find KERNELBASE.dll. I did a quick search and found this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/programs-crash-error-fault-module-kernelbasedll/9fe5d2e7-79d0-42c1-b8dc-51ed8d70f749

Did anything ever happen to your userprofile?

Good luck with the fixing and report if you have further questions...

@Schmitzenbergh, those are actually pretty common errors and are generally not indicative of an incomplete/corrupted .Net framework. Rather, UDK's error reporting is awful.

It is possible that your computer's specs are simply too low to play this game, and that's probably what's actually causing your issues. It is possible that you may lack enough RAM to play this game, or it could be a graphics card issue.