[OFF] Problem with C&C3: Kane's Wrath

FilipeREP

Error: "Exception in exception handler"

Since people here seem to be very nice and helpfull and since we are all fans of the Command and Conquer universe, I decided to call for your help on this one. Nobody bothered to help me elsewhere.
Edited by FilipeREP

On 17/12/2016 at 11:28 PM, CampinJeff said:

You need to install an old driver, because there's an issue with the newer ones that causes this game to crash as well as TW and maybe RA3. I downloaded a driver from January last year, and it fixed the issues:

http://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/intel/video-cards/page3

I am not good with computers, you have to be more specific. I downloaded the item on the right of the screen, what do I do now?

49 minutes ago, FilipeREP said:

I am not good with computers, you have to be more specific. I downloaded the item on the right of the screen, what do I do now?

You need to know what exact Intel HD graphics you have, and install the driver for that video card by selecting the respective device. Example, I have an Intel HD Graphics 4400, so I click on Intel HD Graphics 4400 under Device Description. I now see Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400 Drivers Download, and now I scroll down to see the old drivers. In my case I picked the last one, the one released January 5th, driver version 10.18.14.4080.

Download whichever old driver you want for your respective video card, and then it should be straight forward from there, something similar to a typical installer. I think it'll warn you somewhere that you're going to replace a new driver with an old one , but that's what we want so just hit OK on everything

I thank everybody who helped me in this forum. I talked to a friend ("wise in the ways of computers") and he solved the problem as follows:

- My notebook has two VGAs for running 3D: Intel HD Graphics and Nvidia GeForce.

- For running, my notebook uses the GeForce. It is the real muscle here.

He dowloaded the GeForce 820M Latest Driver on a clean installation (it cleans the house for a fresh start). Going to the control panel of Nvidia GeForce, the setting was changed to use GeForce as the primary one. In Global Settings, the Nvidia processing in high performance was chosen and in Program Settings, after findin the game in the list, apply the rule "use global setting (Nvidia processing in high performance)".

Thanks again and Peace through Power!

Edited by FilipeREP

As I said, I am not good with computers. When I tried the suggestions here and they didn't work, I knew it was probably my fault (either by doing it wrong or omitting some important information). But what matters is that you guys took your time to help me and that is what is important. Thank you yet again.

• Like 1