Game won't load after launcher update

IllumZar

Hey,

Yesterday the Launcher wanted to update itself from 0.63 to 0.64 but it wouldn't download correctly..

So today I tried again and this time it worked kinda. But if I try to start the game or join a server it freezes after the Unreal and RenegadeX intro on this loadning screen:

HowToPlay.png

*not the same screen but also one that showes the game tutorial and the "establishing battlefield command" line..

Any idea how to fix this? :/

Edited by IllumZar

Whoops that shouldn't have happend!

I checked a few things and yes I indeed changed something. While I was playing with CNC-Ash in the SDK and ported it over to the game itself, I

accidently forgot to change the "[CNC-Ash Rx_UIDataProvider_MapInfo]" line in the .ini file, thus the crash...

But.. stupidity has to be punished.. So I lost all my other custom made maps as I re-installed the game :P

I have the same problem, but when I try to validate, I get the following message:

"Renegade X cannot be validated. The following exception occurred:

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\PreviewVids\CNC-GoldRush.mp4' because it is being used by another process."

This name is name, Gold Rush, is the same name in the map of the server I tried to enter ("Constructive Tyranny's AOW Server").

Dear fellows,

I had to reinstall everything just to reach the starting line of this explanation. At some point the game even sended me a message of mismatch:

mismatch.png

Jokes aside, when I was finally able to, I verified the game, installed a shit ton of other stuff and managed to run it properly. Thanks, guys.