Feedback for Eyes

Luhrian

• Totem Arts Staff

Hey Guys,

In this topic I want to give a feedback for the map Eyes.

1. Overview Map

Eyes isn't a new map so I don't understand why this map have still no overview map. Sometimes this fuck me really up.

20161121181342_1.jpg

2. Nod Refinery

You can hit the Nod Refinery with an MRLS from Nod bridge. I will not ask why, but maybe you can fix it.

20161121180957_1.jpg

3. GDI Refinery

It is possible to sneak into the GDI Refinery, but it is too difcult and inbalacned. First you must watch for the Front GT, then the AGT bombard you with MG's and Missels and the you must watch for the back GT. It is very diffcult to disarm mines, because if you come closer to GDI Refinery the GT can hit you. And what can you hit if u want to sneak to Nod Refinery? Right, nothing.20161121181140_1.jpg20161121181014_1.jpg

You should do a rock between Refinery Infantry path and GDI Refinery, to hide. Just move the back GT a bit, that he can't hit me if I want to sneak into Refinery

4. Power Plant

Why you can sneak inside GDI Power Plant, but not into Nod Power Plant?  Maybe you have a good reason but I don't think, that is a good idea.

So that's it. But Eyes is a good and a big map with many possibilities, so it is a good map.

I am out

(Ger)Luhrian

On 15.10.2016 at 3:20 PM, DaKuja said:

I'll try it!
(Bad-;)) -luck but last week i started my education as Game Designer/Level Designer. This will take 90% of the time until i'm done with it.
Sadly i got still the problems with my Win10 and hardware - seems my hardware getting way to old and died slowly after 7 years of duty *salute*

Well i can't promise anything about some progress in the next 2 years
But after finishing the education i'm pretty sure i get way more knowledge about everything for games nd hopefully I can put this into the future of Renegade-X and my projects! 

Greez. DaKuja

as you can see, DaKuja literally stopped RenX mapping for now (until he comes back with all the new experience as Game Designer/Level Designer :D

join T.O. server more often and you'll know about upcoming maps / changes / whatever ;)

To my knowledge DaKuja wasn't happy with his first big RenX map Eyes, so he did a complete new map (though same biome setting).

PS: but maybe... you can persuade someone to add a mini-map to Eyes. I'd like to have one too. Dunno if someone is willing to fix the map bugs, it's much more work than the mini-map

Edited by DarkSn4ke

• Totem Arts Staff

Thanks still for the feedback, these Bugs/Issues are already known.
I'm still sorry about the fact that i don't have the time to work on the maps as i want, i'm happy after the 10 hours Day to calm down and play some Ren-X instead of keep working on the maps.

I made an fixed version of Eyes with some changes about the balance and gameplay. I still got this lates version, but don't find the time to finish it and i don't wanna release for every single fix a new version.
There is not much left to do, most importan thing will be the Minimap.

I'll be back at december for 1-2 weeks cause of vacation, maby i gonna had some time to get back on the track to release the latest version.

I about replacing Eyeys with Glasses this was an rather short term desision cause i was unhappy with Eyes at this time, it should be on the Server Owners if they wann keep Eyes on the map rotation, i'll make sure there will be comin' a new version of the map befor the year is over.

Greez. DaKuja

Edited by DaKuja
  • Like 2

• Totem Arts Staff

I understand, that you have no time at the moment. I hope that new version of eyes will be released soon, because Eyes isn't a bad map.

And if anyone reading this, and is able to make an overview map, then wirte it in this topic and do it, that would be really nice.

I said I can do it, but Kuja just said "new version". I was under the impression he might have added something visual, so the minimap would need that version to make.

I should be able to make one, unless someone else wants to take a shot. Was easy enough to make one for Glasses.

December is probably an alright time for me as well.

• Totem Arts Staff

Yes, I meant that for the new patch. I hope eyes is reworked before the new patch is coming. Someone can make the mini-map and after the patch and the reworked version of eyes will released together