Server Settings not work and Settings autochange to default

MVN050

Hello

I have a big problem with my Renegade X Servers. My Servers are the two "Renegade X fun Server with bots" (maybe someone know this servers). I have "one" folder for the 2 Server and start the 2 Server over a serverstart.bat file. That works perfect but my Problems are the Settings for the Servers...

I found that the most Settings "DON'T WORK" when I change the config file! and the other Problem is that the most Settings over the .bat file don't works! This is very stupid and shit! Today I looked into the renegade X Serverlist and don't found my 2 Servers... Then I must see that all my settings from the servers changed to the default settings and now the servername is again "Renegade X Server" and all other settings changed to default... I am very angry about that! (I don't started the lauchner. Only the serverstart.bat file) and I don't understand why this happend and why not all settings works? I changed the defaultSettings configfile too but it don't fix the problem...

A other problem is that my servers not 24/7 in the serverlist. I don't understand why. The Servers running on a (normal) Windows Root Server and this Server running 24/7. I logged in into RDP to check if the gameserver have a problem (something with a error message) but no... the consolewindow of both Gameservers are show and I see the logfiles and that the bots have a lot of fun...Great... Bots havy fun and I very angry... I have to restart both Gameservers and then the Gameservers showing again in the Serverlist...

I hope someone can help me. I am very angry that I must very day restart the gameservers and recheck the Serversettings. The problem is 100% not my rootserver. over this rootserver running other gameservers, Websites and other programms and all of this have no problems... Sorry for my bad english. I comming from germany and english is a big problem in a small village :D

I am a programmer and I can restart my servers over my website with a start button :D but I don't found a way to check all settings if all is ok. Is it possible to create a own Settingsfile with all settings that work that I know that this settings works and all others not? Maybe a idea for a future release? I am not sure if it works with UDK to load a own Settingsfile after all other settings loaded and overwrite the default settings? So we can create a own Settingsfile (maybe a big one?) and we know that all settings in this file works and all others not? And i think this is easier when the server must update to a new release version and the serverowner can save this settingsfile and can easy change it again.

Here my serverstart.bat

This file is in xxx/Renegade X\Binaries\Win32 and I start this file normaly with double mouseclick (over RDP) or with a other .bat file over my website script.

@echo off
start UDK.exe server CNC-Field?USEALLAVAILABLECORES?GDIBotCount=32?NODBotCount=32?VehicleLimit=30??maxplayers=40?ServerName=Renegade X FUn Server no Bots?bAllowWeaponDrop=true -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -port=7012 -preferprocessor
start UDK.exe server CNC-Islands?USEALLAVAILABLECORES?GDIBotCount=32?NODBotCount=32?VehicleLimit=30??maxplayers=64?ServerName=Renegade X FUn Server with Bots ServerName=Renegade X FUn Server with Bots?bAllowWeaponDrop=true -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -port=7013 -preferprocessor

Thank you for your help!

logs.zip

You should change your server name in the .ini files, don't give the commando via the .bat file... we encountered this problem before @ the CT servers. The problem in the .bat file is that, once you give 1001 commands in the commandline, the UE3 engine screws up.

Vehiclelimits are set in the map settings by the way.

Also, did you notice that there are 2 ?? after vehiclelimit?, this should be just 1

Try to minimise the amount of commands, search for the variables in  UDKGame.ini and UDKRenegadeX.ini and set them there.

After you've done that, come back here and post your progress.