Nod vs Nod *IDEA*

MrSeriousOak

Ah ok, also understand when I said "from what I understand" that also means I know nothing so yeah. I was not really thinking about the SBHs and realize that stealth is a bit of a problem, but then again in the C&C universe I guess those splinter factions barely had access to stealth

Stealth vs Stealth could be fun. Why should that be a problem. If both teams would want to run SBH then so be it.

As agent said doing it the proper way, eg removing all GDI reference from the UI, would be quite a bit of work. But if you let UI aside it should be pretty easy (as GDI can already steal Nod vehicles the game code is ready for having both sides using both sides vehicles for instance). As it would be a fun, spin off kind of thing anyway nobody would care if the second Nod team would still be called GDI in the UI at some places. Except for the vocal perfectionists of course.

Building two Nod bases with Nid buildings might already work without having to change gamecode, as every building has a teamnumber and there shouldn't be much hard coded GDI or Nod references. The buildings teamnumbers can be set in the mapeditor. Then you would need to make it so that GDI gets the Nod PT menu. With a bit of luck that might be doable by just changing like 5 lines of code. That might be it to get it to work if you let aside team 2 still be called GDI in the Hud and game messages etc. (sure it's typically more work then one thinks at first but generally I think this should be quite easy. not that I'm going to do it... just theocrafting)

I remember a few Tiberian Sun Nod missions where you were up against a rival Nod division, so in terms of story the game mode would make good sense. And let's not forget this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=74613

Barclinxox's personal vendetta against SBH Spy is solved! Both rival divisions can acquire an SBH Spy! Once you are done the coding as RypeL mentioned, the only thing you may have left to do is color coding character skins/textures and building colors for the second division.