AFK bot please

HaTe

Games ending like crazy from one team having 3 or more 20+ minute afkers. Voting doesn't do much because you either have to spawn next to or go looking for an afker for the vote to even work. That and only like 5 people know to use it anyhow.

Something Renegade used (pre-movement AFK bot detector) was a simple PM saying:

You have not gained any points within the last 7 minutes. You will be kicked in 1 minute unless you type !here

---30 seconds later---

You are being kicked in 30 seconds for being AFK if you do not type !here

Basic. To the point. Effective.

I've forgotten to turn my game off and come back an hour and a half later and was still in the game. Not only is that not fair to people trying to join a full server, but it completely imbalances the team as well.

They disable it because it does a poor job of afk checking. Mainly, kicking active players.

The bot would do a better job. Especially score checking and chat warning confirmation.

As far as game feature, what would be badass, is if being "afk" made your character control as a Bot. Maybe I just be playing too much of that Left4Dead2 or something...

The afk checker is a native UDK thing I thought ? When does it do a poor job ? It shouldn't. That doesn't make sense as it should be pretty easy to differentiate between active and inactive players. Is it because it kicked afk healers ? If it's known why exactly it was deactivated it should be easy to modify.

Yeah I'd be interested to know what the reasons for it being disabled was. From what I remember, the problem I encountered with it was it wouldn't warn users in much of a user-friendly way - think it was it just gave really short notice for when it was about to kick you - in which case you've been static for a while and should be kicked anyway. The built in kicker is so native that it was barely customisable on the UnrealScript side.

I think, but I can't judge about this, that the bot is disabled on purpose. While joining the PUG server I got kicked by the bot cause I was AFK (aka waiting). I can't imagine the afk bot was setup for the server specifically, so I guess it's just disabled on purpose on the other servers.

Reason I guess:

- Seeding the server

AFK bot would be welcome addition to kick players, even if they are just afk for 10 minutes. A minute of two is a different case. but last week I played some games where one side would win in 2 minutes on almost every map. Since there were so many attacks I didn't have the time to votekick people and if I tried some people (I guess on the enemy team) would just vote no while half the people didn't even care to vote. Makes the game hard to enjoy for me.

My experience with the afk bot once:

I still remember a match last year, where I was repairing the HON for a while (I wasn't afk) and got a message that I would be kicked for being afk, if I don't move or something like that. I can't remember the exact message anymore.

Even after moving around a bit, while still repairing, I got kicked.

When I rejoined the match, the HON was destroyed, because I was the only one repairing it at that time.

That was really nice... :/

So at least it needs some tweaking, otherwise it would be nice to have again.

My experience with the afk bot once:

I still remember a match last year, where I was repairing the HON for a while (I wasn't afk) and got a message that I would be kicked for being afk, if I don't move or something like that. I can't remember the exact message anymore.

Even after moving around a bit, while still repairing, I got kicked.

When I rejoined the match, the HON was destroyed, because I was the only one repairing it at that time.

That was really nice... :/

So at least it needs some tweaking, otherwise it would be nice to have again.

That wasn't a bot; that was the built-in version. Having a bot that has a script attached to it sit on IRC to detect player score changes is much different. I know what you meant though