Feature Suggestion: Cockpit View

Since I have no idea how hard this is to implement please don't shout at me for this but how good would it be to be able to use an Orca or Apache and be able to see inside the cockpit, I understand this may take time to make all the interiors but it might be something you can work on. I don't mind only some vehicles being able to do this(maybe the air units?) so can someone please tell me if this is doable? Thanks.

There was a time when you got those by pressing F. However F was switched to become the slightly zoomed in cannon view cause that is much more useful in terms of gameplay. You don't see much in the cockpit views. But basically what we have could be activated easily again, just not sure what key we could/should use for it.

There was a time when you got those by pressing F. However F was switched to become the slightly zoomed in cannon view cause that is much more useful in terms of gameplay. You don't see much in the cockpit views. But basically what we have could be activated easily again, just not sure what key we could/should use for it.

If it's there I suggest making it available. Which keys aren't in use yet? Just pick one and put it in the changelog so people know?

Could always just have 'F' cycle through an array of view modes, rather than toggling between 2.

That's exactly what I'd like to avoid. Switching between the useful views should not be delayed by having to go through a cosmetic view.

• Like 1

Could always just have 'F' cycle through an array of view modes, rather than toggling between 2.

That's exactly what I'd like to avoid. Switching between the useful views should not be delayed by having to go through a cosmetic view.

Could have "press-release" cycle vehicle and cannon views, and "hold" cycle vehicle and cockpit view. Though I too don't know why this is imperative, but why waste the assets?

that then excludes one, so it wouldn't suit someone who would like to play with all three.

But yes, I agree that key should stay F and additional options would be the way to set how camera switching behaves.

Even thinking about Renegade X + big map + aircraft (A-10 and Nod alternative) + cockpit view gives me a massive boner.

that then excludes one, so it wouldn't suit someone who would like to play with all three.

But yes, I agree that key should stay F and additional options would be the way to set how camera switching behaves.

How so? If you wanted to play with all 3, it would be the slightest bit more clunky, but not very. To switch one, you just hold, to switch the other, you press-release. You can switch either at any time. It would be seldom that you need to panic-switch from cockpit to 3rd person, a lot more likely you'd need to switch more quickly from cannon-view to any-other view.