Need help for new game mode.

Henk

Hi,

I'm working on a mini game for Renegade X, an infinite runner, where you have to dodge, jump and shoot obstacles and turn left or right at the right time or else you fall off/die.

I need to procedurally spawn paths and obstacles for the player, as well as some pick-ups, and I think I can figure that all out and make it mostly via Kismet, the problem I have at the moment is the animations.

The character needs to stand still, but still show the running or sprinting animation at all times, walking backwards and forwards will be impossible, only strafe will be possible. It's the world around the character that moves.

How do I make it look like my character is sprinting all the time, while it's actually not moving at all and you dont need to hold shift or W/up arrow? I only need it for the GDI soldier.

I can maybe help suggest a fix for the sprinting part. Just use Beta 3 or prior sprinting animation, and mount it as a standing animation. The current ones blend player-speed to achieve syncronized leg-speed and whether the animation is sprint or walk, but the old one used to be "press button to activate animation" and you need only mount it to idle-animation and not have any animations at all for other forms of movement.

Thx, but decided to not go through with this, the animation wasn't the only problem. I foresaw a lot of other difficulties coming up when trying things out..

A lot of stuff would probably take me days to make and still look way too "hacky".

Making it in Unreal Engine 4 now though (because I still wanted to make the game, and this turned out to be a good opportunity to learn working with UE4), maybe ill put in some renegade assets :P

Already have a character running, floors, turns, obstacles and coins spawning semi-randomly and being removed, and the coins add up and obstacles kill you. But don't expect anything super cool :P