Renegade X Script Extension

Handepsilon

• Totem Arts Staff

This is an extension script for Renegade X. Right now it is only a little editing from RenX scriptings. Some extension 'parts' (such as Silo kismet I once worked on as well as toggleable Obelisk) can't be found here yet.

Includes :

[Game Mode] Semi Sandbox mode - Allows admins and moderators to gift players with class or punish them with solo instant nuke

- Adds exec Function PunishPlayer(string Recipient) for nuke punishment

- Adds exec Function GiftPlayer(string Recipient, string ClassName) for actor class gifting

[Game Mode] Survival Defense mode - Asymmetrical defense mode where one particular side (GDI or Nod, depends on map) are to survive within the time limit. Defense Team cannot defeat the invading team by base destruction, and invading team cannot defeat invading team by time limit.

- Map Prefix is DEF, as opposed to CNC. So far irrelevant to the menu

- Allows multiple Power Plants and Barracks/Hand of Nod. Advanced defense will be disabled if one of the Power Plants were destroyed, but price only increase upon all Power Plants' destruction

- Teams class and vehicle production are no longer affected by absence of a single team's production building

- Absence of Vehicle Production building will state the Status in the PT as 'NOT AVAILABLE'

- Allows team balance multiplier. Attacker can have more/less players than defenders

- Allows changing of starting character by mapper (SBH is still bugged)

Hey Handepsilon, I like the current ideas! But do you take requests for certain changes? They don't necessarily need to be added in current game modes, but i would like to see them as an option.

- Is it possible to Not show bots' names and stats in every scoreboard?

- Is it possible to end the game in a diffrent way than building destruction or time limit? Think about pressing a button, destroying only a specific building, capturing an MCT, Killing every enemy on the map (at least x times).

If it's possible to work on any of those or not, thanks either way for your efforts!

• Totem Arts Staff

Don't worry, I take requests. But will only improve when ai have the mood and time

1. You want it as a command? Haven't meddled much with HUD yet, much less the Scaleform-based ones. But let's try

2. Already on my todo-list : Mission mode and Victory-kismet node

1. You want it as a command? Haven't meddled much with HUD yet, much less the Scaleform-based ones. But let's try

I was thinking about this as a server-side option. As an example, the survival defence mode you just worked on could work very well with momentary AI reinforcements for the attackers that don't respawn after they die. Adding 5-20 bots to a game would really fill up the HUD with unnecessary info, and it would definitely not be useful either if someone wanted to design let's say a co-op mode.

• Totem Arts Staff

I was thinking about this as a server-side option. As an example, the survival defence mode you just worked on could work very well with momentary AI reinforcements for the attackers that don't respawn after they die. Adding 5-20 bots to a game would really fill up the HUD with unnecessary info, and it would definitely not be useful either if someone wanted to design let's say a co-op mode.

It's something I've been trying to work on, mainly so they'll attack to a certain spot as a team through kismet. Unfortunately while I can easily obscure them from the scoreboard and make them not respawning, I haven't managed to grant them a nice AI that can make them a decent invasion force.

As for pedestal, it's rather easy to do by theory, but mappers need to adjust to this as well eventually

Black Dawn´s AI was just the base UDK AI that was given some directions with Kismet. That AI has no idea how to attack a base, how to properly use the RenX weapons and tanks etc. It would be much better to modify the current AI to just attack. You can already tell them to just attack and where to attack and it should make for an 'ok' survival mode experience. However i dont know how you could tell them to do that through Kismet. Propably would need new Kismet nodes and/or a mutator. (Only allow ATTACK order and not DEFEND, increase importance, or something like that, number on the BuildingObjective/AreaObjective nodes. Know what you are doing -> the hardest part).

• Totem Arts Staff

The Building Objective doesn't always work too well. The bot mostly just try to kill the people in the building rather than the building itself.

I'm thinking of creating logic from scratch, see what it's going to give me. The hard part would be to make an AI that misses their shots though, but that's just me haven't grabbing the right function and equations

How AI was balanced in C&C Renegade was changing their weapons themselves, while making them strafe in the pattern of an 8 on it's side.

AI got diffrent weapons than usual infantry. if you held a chaingun owned by an enemy officer, and kept holding down the fire button, it would shoot in short bursts of 5 bullets and then jam for another 1-2 seconds, do this like 4 times then reload. I cannot confirm this for enemy vehicles, but they still do strafe in the 8-shape on it's side and shoot every 5 seconds for a light tank. Whether it would hit you or not, is pretty much luck based.

So, what you can do to balance enemy infantry is or try to force a similar pattern in them or simply nerf their guns.

If he wants to work on AI he needs to learn how AI works in UDK from a code side of things. You can not expect to make decent AI from Kismet. That won't work.

@Hande:

If the bots would just shoot the building objective thst would be stupid. They do that however when the building is at low health. Then they shoot it no matter what. Otherwise they try to focus engineers repairing and other defenders depending on the situation cause I did the AI priorities with the goal that they should aid you as teammates in a human/Ai team. When to shoot the building and when to shoot the defenders instead isent an easy decision, so the Ai priorities attacking the defenders while the human teammates should bring down the building. For a survival type of mode against a pure Ai team you indeed would want to change that logic a bit to make them more focussed on the buildings itself but that could be done by just changing a few numbers.

There is an aimerror or something like that that can be adjusted to make them hit less. This also scales by skill level. You could check where the skilllevel is used in code to get ideas what you can change to make them better or worse.