Tech Building for Airdrop

Night2078

Hello!

I got a new idea for Renegade X!

What about a new tech building that's in the center of the battlefield, captureable by techs/engineers. If you captured the building for your faction, for example GDI, and the weapons factory is destroyed, you can call for airdrop. If your weapons factory is alive you can call for Tiberian Sun vehicles. If the weapons factory is destroyed, but NOD captured the tech building, you can't call for airdrop.

What do you think about this idea? In my opinion it gives a complete new taste to the battle and opens new tactics, like holding the silo, if refinery is destroyed.

Regards,

Night2078

There isn't enough man power (and will power) to implement something like this. You would need new graphic assets as well as the programming to make the building behave. In addition you would need a mapper to add this building to maps.

Aside from an implementation stand point, from a balance standpoint this is very highly a strong get stronger mechanic. Once you have the building it's cake to hold it with vehicles.

If it were implemented, it should be an infantry-accessible mechanic and should increase the rate of drops upon making it a requirement in order to get them.

Here is an idea that is cheaper to code:

Make crates reward the "Vehicle Airdrop" allowance. Maybe make them 12% findable, only for a player who's air/wf has been destroyed, and stack.

That way, for a team to rush, besides higher vehicle cost, they at least have to save up the airdrop crate allowances. Besides that, it also allows for rushes to be massed faster (airdrop can have shorter wait time to comphensate). Credits would still be a factor, making economy still important.

I will look more into creating custom content rather than creating a new map when my current map is finished. Tech building is one of those subjects..

I do think it's cool, however, the way you explain it isn't really how I personally would do it, I'd say the building would be standalone and not toggle the air drops of the team, as I personally think it would cause a serious unbalance. Imagine only one team having vehicles And air drop, how would the non vehicle having team ever recover from that? Push with rocket soldiers? Mobius and Mendoza? I think you need to much coordination for that. Imagine that at every given moment in the server, 50% of the players in a server is a lone wolf or not willing to do a coordinated strike. This phenomenon leads me to the standalone-ness of the building.

This way we only add to the game play and not change it fundamentally

So, /on topic,

I've got an enthusiastic content developer at my side, I personally know about UDK, kismet and a bit of scripting, so if you also like to help, reply here, reply now. Also tell in what way you're willing to help and what skills you have. If you have no skills (no hard feelings) are you willing to learn and invest quite some time in it?

Could make it so the airdrop timers get longer and longer till its lost and recaptured?

So if one team held it for to long would become less effective? Might promote more back and foward fighting.

Or even make sure that tech building capture point is away from vechs?

I quite enjoy running around a silo while a med chases me lol.

Could make it so the airdrop timers get longer and longer till its lost and recaptured?

So if one team held it for to long would become less effective? Might promote more back and foward fighting.

Or even make sure that tech building capture point is away from vechs?

I quite enjoy running around a silo while a med chases me lol.

So that's interesting..

Wouldnt you say that 1 team will eventually get the benefit of having a large time span with a decent amount of vehicles?

So won't you agree that instead of it becoming less effective, your proposed measurements would become more effective since the non-airdrop-having-team would have no vehicles at all after a while and become defenceless?

That the tech building is away from vechs might be interesting tho, but that's up to a mapper to do that I think. The other two propositions you've made are gameplay based..

Btw, running around a tech building with med chasing you on an infantry only route is never gonna happen right? ;) nothing personal here:P just noticing:P