TmX Sandbox Server incident

Handepsilon

• Totem Arts Staff

So Dottier and I got bored of the TmX server being unpopulated early European morning, so we decided to fire up the second server and spice it with Sandbox server. Lotsa people came in and started having fun with all the spawning, mostly the A10 dogfights and attempts to fly C130 out to the sky..... until everything went out of hand.

Starting with Carpediem. He spammed Orcas and C130s from his own Orca in XMountain. The result? Not so pretty

220205.jpg

2m7xbpx.jpg

ipsk0j.jpg

New form of DDoS attack I guess?

So yeah, after this I tweaked the mod so you can only spawn one per 2 sec. Tried to make a command to make everything you spawn disappear and limit it to 10 but..... no avail atm

I did craft an uber repair gun that will instantly disarm everything, erase neutral and enemy vehicle in a blink of an eye, and best of all REVIVE a structure from the dead. I don't think Obelisk or AGT will be operational after revival, as well as Power Plant, but, meh.... later

Also if anyone involved in this shenanigans and took screenshots/videos, feel free to post it here.

EDIT : The rest of the carnage can be found on another topic : viewtopic.php?f=14&p=153292

b5a128-1440517001.jpg

f637a1-1440516940.jpg

4fb331-1440517066.jpg

73bf07-1440517013.jpg

• 2 weeks later...