Balance. My half cent on the matter.

I am relatively new to RenX, I played Ren1 for a bit a while ago. I started RenX in Beta 3. I hear a lot of Beta 2s talking about how OP McFarland was, and when I played him, he was extremely weak, he can't win in 1v1 against anyone except maybe an engineer (so long as they don't use C4) It's not even that I can't play him, I land at least 80% of the secondaries, and his primary only deals considerable damage in rare cqc situations. He basically can only be used as area denial in close quarter areas, which is far better done with mines. I tried the chemical trooper as well, and he too is underwhelming. They are both effectively unusable and irrelevant. If you have the starting 150 credits, it's better to just pick a free class, and save credits for other characters, that or pick engie and grab a carbine to safeguard against rushes defensively. I personally think that there should have either been a to buff chem to match McFarland, or give a small buff to chem and a small respective nerf to McFarland for them to match. Balance the game, don't remove the OP.

isuckdontlistentome

I would love the community to try out some balanve changing mutators. Mutators that change weapon damage for instance are very easy to do. I know that it is not ideal to have different balance on different servers but honestly the dev team does not have the capability and time etc to think about balance changes all the time and to test them as much as needed. Often you active players know much better than us what balance changes might work. So yes i do knot think that mutators that change damage wtc would be ideal but i do think that they could be a beneficial thing to test balance changes and to enable you to come up with balance changes. Though once we have patching the dev team will also be able to try out balance changes a bit easier.

I would love the community to try out some balanve changing mutators. Mutators that change weapon damage for instance are very easy to do. I know that it is not ideal to have different balance on different servers but honestly the dev team does not have the capability and time etc to think about balance changes all the time and to test them as much as needed. Often you active players know much better than us what balance changes might work. So yes i do knot think that mutators that change damage wtc would be ideal but i do think that they could be a beneficial thing to test balance changes and to enable you to come up with balance changes. Though once we have patching the dev team will also be able to try out balance changes a bit easier.

As nice as that sounds, it would still be hard to test that balance unless you owned a server that is regularly populated, without live testing all balance is effectively theorycraft. Considering that there is at most 3 populated servers ever, testing balance is nearly impossible.

I don't own a server myself, but I do like that idea. Deciding on mutators might be difficult, I'll try and get in contact with a server owner maybe and pitch it to them, then we can maybe make an official balance thread, and use polls the day before to figure out what mutators to be used.